Friday, January 4, 2013

Stinkin' close

We are  so stinkin' close I can hardly stand it. Like in 1 week we will be on a plane flying right now.....

And the Chip In is sooo close to fully funded. 86%-- and only one comment (Hi Melissa) bout that- now, come on-- I'd call you slackers but my mama told me (many times) "You get more bees with honey than vinegar." (Yeah MOM I remember) Can't tell you how often I heard that, so I must have been spewing vinegar a lot- now, mind you, I did have 3 ornery, rotten brothers (love you guys NOW) who tormented me daily for fun.

Kinda like our kids, ya know? Chloe in particular has now taken to calling Camden "ginger." Not in the sense of a girl name but in reference to his hair color. Since I say red head and she says "Nuhhh uhhh, it's orange" and I tell her she can not call us "orange heads."  So when she says "Your ginger son," I know who she means. 

Then there's Chance who is already mixing up Paisley and Phoebe, and Phoebe isn't even here yet, besides forgetting Phoebe's name and calling her "white head girl." I'm starting to think we have either hair or head issues.

But needless to say, we are ALL going to enjoy Phoebe joining this crazy family and can hardly wait to meet her. 

The time is short and the Chip In has less than  $1,000 to go. Funds we NEED. Not asking for a penny more than we need/can earn/ have saved, etc. We *could* be worried, upset, scared, but then would that be honoring God in His promises to us? Nope. Not gonna go there. He may provide it at the last minute, which is okay, because He will provide. That's all that really matters. Just enough, just in time, that's our God. He wants to call people to be a part of this. 

Such blessings don't come around every day. And sharing this need allows others to be a part of this.  

In the meantime we have been so blessed with all the comments that come with the donations, such an outpouring of love, support, prayers, from all. We even had someone (thanks Sandy) send us their left over Chinese money from a recent adoption- besides freaking out the church treasurer who handed it to me and said "I don't know what to do with this but I think YOU DO:)"  How cool, huh? 

So many people God wanted to share this little girl's journey with-- we are honored to parent her. And in 10 days I will be able to post a picture of this child, with me, her mom! How sweet is that going to be to see? Orphan no longer, daughter o' mine.

Now I wonder how soon I will have to say  "Oh daughter o' mine, you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar." (I won't MOM, I won't.I will NOT say that. Nor will I fess up that I have already said it to another daughter o' mine, right Chloe?) 

Less than $1,000. Praise you Jesus. It will come. Thank you Father. Soon I will share with you who we are going to run into in China:)))) 

17 comments:

Sandra Bishop said...

I was wondering if the RMB would make it! A little nervous sending cash, but figured it wouldn't do anyone in the US any good. So funny about the church treasurer! I'll be following along - hope you have time to update the blog while in China. God's blessings for safe travels and a smooth transition.

Dottie P said...

The Chip-in on my computer still says 84%; I think mine must lag behind!So glad it's 86%!

Melissa Kyzar said...

I have problems with that too. I clear my browser history and re-open the page to see the update. :)

mom2three said...

Yay! Now it is at 87%. So close, keep it going.

mom2three said...

Yay! Now it is at 87%. So close, keep it going.

Chad and Kristy said...

Ok!! I finally was able to make a donation!! Yeah 86% Looking for the next update:) Praising God for his goodness and faithfulness!

Friend, it will come!!

Melissa Kyzar said...

I'm seeing 89%!!!!

Jerry and Christy said...

I've been checking this several times every day. Watching it go up. It is so exciting to see.
I'm guessing you will be meeting Jean in China. I've been following her blog for a long time too. I hope that you do get to meet. It is funny how you have to go all the way to China just to meet someone who lives in the USA.
My daughter, Emily, wants to donate. We will be sending that tonight. She loves to help orphans.

Jerry and Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry and Christy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry and Christy said...

Don't know why the last post came up twice. You are now at 90%. Thank you Jesus!Yay!

Grandma Shelley said...

Oh Vickie....You are almost there! Whoop whoop!!!

Melissa Kyzar said...

I got up this AM to 92%! :)

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

You're at 95%!!!!!

Smith said...

Praise the Lord!!!! 95% Funded

thesleepyknitter said...

Ten days! I can hardly wait!

Allison said...

96%!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT