Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Seriously excited

Is this really happening? Are we really just 2 days away from being on a plane? 

I believe so.

I have itinerary, so it must be.

We will be arriving around 3 pm in Shanghai on Saturday Jan 12.

Sunday Jan 13 we exchange money, get supplies, try to get time to pass as fast as possible to Monday. We will figure out a way to honor it being Sunday, even in China- trust me on that.

Monday Jan 14- Meet our girl!!  9:30 am China time, about 8:30 pm Sunday here. 

We hang out, sign papers till 12 per the itinerary.  Which means till we get back to hotel and can blog you all will be looking at Monday morning till you get to see her with us (Sorry MOM you just gotta wait)

Won't that make your Monday morning better though?  

After that, well, who cares? Oh that's right, MOM. Okay, so then we go sign papers making her ours on Tuesday, hang out Wed, Thurs, pick up passport on Friday and move on to Guangzhou. There we do medical exam, visa stuff, and then head home on Jan 24. 

We will be the only family in Shanghai for our agency. I've done that before (with Chloe) so that's not a big deal to me. It will be fun though to be with others in Guangzhou.

So there you have it. I'm so stinkin' excited I can hardly stand it. Luckily I've had haircuts to do, dogs to bathe, a house to clean, lots of wash to do, notes to make, doctor appts, dental appts, etc. I've been BUSY. Tons of busy. Which makes the time go EVEN faster. But I can still HARDLY STAND the wait. 

She's not a baby but she's our youngest, I can hardly wait to hug this sweet treasure and love on her. CAN'T-HARDLY-WAIT.  

Praying for her health, her adjustment, that she isn't scared of us, and that we have safe flights.

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Vickie,
I am so excited for you!!! I feel like I just did all that;)
We celebrate one month with out girls tomorrow!
You can bet I'll be praying and waiting for your updates!!!
Love and safe travels,
Rebecca

Sherri said...

I'm so excited for you as well. Looking forward to following you on this journey!

rachel garber said...

I am so excited for you!! My parents have done this three times and are waiting for TA number four (in which they'll pick up two daughters) and the waiting the last few days is so hard! Can't wait to read your adventures over there!!

Joy said...

So excited!!!!!!

ashley said...

I'm so excited for you! After so long, just 2 days away from boarding that plane! wow, it's just all so awesome :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful news....Praying for everything beautful, safe and perfect for you Vickie..
Tammy
Beavoice.me

Laurie said...

Can't wait to read every word as soon as you type it! What a blessing to a precious orphan you are being. So, so exciting!
Laurie (the State College Walmart lady)

Dottie P said...

I am so excited for you! We will be praying for you all, and I know that Monday I will be thinking of you all day while I am at work; I will look so forward to going home and seeing pictures of you all together! Thank you, Lord! Phoebe will be with her forever family soon!

thesleepyknitter said...

So soon!!! And it seemed so far away.

Well, how on earth can we wait until Monday morning (or therabouts) for that first update and photos?

Also so excited that you will see Jean there as she's picking up her girls. Small bloggy world!

Praying for you and for those at home while you're gone!

Jerry and Christy said...

Vickie,
I'm so excited for you. The long wait is finally over. Your going to China and Phoebe gets a family to love her. I will be praying for your whole family.
Love you!
Christy

Keisha said...

Praying for safe travels for you & your family! Looks like we have the same schedule!;) maybe we can meet your sweet baby girl!
Blessings!
Keisha -thewalkerhousehold.com

Grandma Shelley said...

And the countdown is ON......

Chrissy said...

Safe travels tomorrow! So excited for Phoebe to be home.

lalalorlor said...

I will be praying for you! She is one lucky little girl! I hope you find kindness, love, and understanding at each point of your journey!

Tammy said...

I told you that you were a star :) Gotcha on that one .....
have a GREAT trip. We are praying for every perfect thing for your family.
Blessings
Tammy
beavoice.me