Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Official


She is OURS.  A daughter. As if born from us, they said and I said "Of course!"  An honor to adopt her.

Today has gone soooo well. She is a gem. Sweet as can be. She is a total diva, poses EXACTLY like her sister Kat, yells on the phone just like Paisley:)  She ADORES Chloe.  She told me today she was "so happy we came to her."  And that she is happy, she loves me.  She told the guide she understands me when I tell her I love her in English and Chinese.

She accepts my hand to hold, she is totally cool with my hair today. Phewww. I won't be coming home with dyed black hair (MOM).  She's a busy one, wanting to "go play" and yet she was able to sit and play a video game, color, etc.

She has thanked me for everything, for lunch, for buying her anything, for the hat I carry because she's COLD all the time, in 46 degrees today and 3 layers. We started with 2 layers and had to come back for a third before going to the Yu Garden. 

 She called her grandma again tonight after her bath, which she was quite unsure of all those bubbles I put in her bath. She asked me to wash her hair for her, at least I figured out that's what she wanted because Chloe had fallen asleep. It was cool to show her we could manage even without Chloe, even though it's a blessing to have Chloe to translate.

She told Chloe she likes her new name, although we aren't using it yet. So far it's Kai Yan. She has practiced saying the other kids names from pictures of them.  She is very interested in them, as well as Baba.

I'm having the WORST time getting my pictures off my camera and holding on to internet. I'm so frustrated. Trying to share with everyone but spending too much time trying to get it to post:(  So if I can't get on don't worry (MOM) everything is fine.

I can already see what a sweetheart she is and that we will be just fine:)  She is a total delight-- funny, smart, likes to sing, caring, respectful.





7 comments:

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

So happy! God bless!

Michelle said...

So excited to see every new picture. Thankful that God is hearing prayers for her to bond and adjust to this transition.

thesleepyknitter said...

So happy for you and Phoebe and your whole family! What a blessing from God Phoebe is. We are praying for your time in China and the transition to home.

--shawnee

Shonni said...

Congratulations on you beautiful new daughter. I am glad that things are going well!

Jerry and Christy said...

I'm happy that everything is going well. Sounds like Phoebe has a good personality. Thankful and caring, wonderful traits. God has truly blessed you!

Kerry said...

Congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous!!

Grandma Shelley said...

Vickie, she is so special. Phoebe is definitely a gift from God. Enjoy your time in China...learning about your new daughter!