Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a GIRL!

Yeah, I'm aware you all knew that. With no further ado, I give you--

PHOEBE Kai
Yandrea

After spending almost all night awake, although NOT worried- I had the most amazing sense of calm, peace, I  knew my Jesus was with me and I felt 
so blessed and wrapped in God's  love, who would want to sleep? 

 It was a beautiful time with Him, in the quiet of the night, as He reminded me of the promise He gave me a long time ago about this child. In His perfect time, which is now, for us to become as family.

So the details (for MOM)

Who got there first-- US- did some paperwork (would have signed anything at that point)


Who saw her first---ME!!! Saw her down the hall, she didn't see me though.


What did she do first---Look at my hair and back up, she's scared of my hair. I kid you not. Totally scared of my hair. Even after I let her feel it:(

First impressions---She's beautiful, smart, sweet. Missing her foster grandma:(  Asked if we would beat her? Uh, no, never! Was the answer there.

This day fulfills many, many prayers, it brings us a child in need of family to a family in need of this child. She's a blessing.

Enjoy our JOY as we get to know her and we learn more about this precious treasure God hand picked for our family. 

We hope everyone who helped this happen feels the joy, the warmth, the love and the excitement of  what GOD has done with the prayers, support, funding that you all provided when  He called you to. 

And know without one doubt, this one, this child called orphan, is an orphan child no longer. She is now wanted, loved, cherished, and called -----

Our daughter:)

23 comments:

kim2649 said...

Oh, that 2nd photo of you both looking in each other's eyes is just wonderful. The love in your eyes is there for all to see, beautiful! Looking forward to hearing all about this journey as it unfolds. Congratulations!

Kim in FL

Rebecca said...

So happy for you! I can see that she's unsure... But in no time at all she will realize that she is one blessed little girl! I'm so anxious to see her blossom in your loving care. Praise God for His faithfulness!
Love,
Rebecca

Mandasmum said...

Yesh! In your arms finally where she belongs!

Shelley said...

Oh Vickie! What a precious treasure she is! I LOVE the picture of her looking at your face! LOVE IT! So thankful you are there. So thankful she is yours! She will soon know how very blessed she is to have you for a mama! Thankful Chloe is with you to answer questions she has. Can't wait to see the coming days unfold as she learns to trust you. I'm praying for you, my friend!

Almond Tea said...

I'm so happy for you! Another beautiful daughter. Love, love, love!

Sarah said...

Ah, beautiful!!!!

MommaT said...

Oh Praise Jesus! She is so adorable and she will come to love your hair!! Way to go!!

K said...

At long, long last! What a miracle and darling she is. The reason she is scared of your hair is because the Chinese fairy tale witch has red or blong hair, like ours has green skin and a wart on the nose. Have someone explain to her that lots of people have red hair in America and it's as special and her own blond hair. If you have red nail polish, don't use it because Chinese witches have red finger nails. It looks like her hair grows fast!

angelchica said...

Congratulations Vickie and family! Phoebe will learn soon that you have a good heart and will never beat her. Much love to all of you!

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

ashley said...

Praise!! Congratulations! I love the photo you you and her together. Mama and daughter, together at last! She is beautiful!

Maria said...

Oh! Congratulations! Super happy for all of you! She is gorgeous!!!!

Rita and John said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl! Enjoy this special time with your new daughter.

Melissa Kyzar said...

Yeah! So glad to see her there with you! :)

Melissa

Sherri said...

Congrats!! I love the photo of you both looking into each others eyes, what a PRICELESS moment.

Blessings from Florida

Nancy said...

Sweet! Congratulations!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations on your 'baby' girl! ;) She is beautiful!

Lisa M said...

I am beyond thrilled that she is YOURS!!!! What a precious picture of the two of you. Praying for your transition. Many,many blessings!

Peace said...

I forgot today was Phoebe's big day, I've been absorbed in my own life, but that girl made my day! I'm so glad to see a photo with the two of you, and so sad that she would have to ask if you'd beat her. Poor baby. So blessed.

Tammy said...

So happy for you all...breaks my heart that she asked if she would be beaten...BUT glad she is going to a place called HOME!

praying for an amazing and rapid bonding that gives her a sense of belonging and peace!

Tammy
beavoice

Michelle said...

She's beautiful! I love the pics and am anxious to see more. How is Chloe doing? Praying for all of you during this transition.

thesleepyknitter said...

Oh, she's just darling! So thrilled for you and for her! Praying that all goes well over these next few weeks of transition.

--shawnee

Scott and Jane said...

I am sobbing as I read this, waiting and longing for the time we travel for an orphan we call daughter in our hearts. You met my friends in China yesterday and they gave me your blog info and I am beyond thankful!!!!