Thursday, January 17, 2013

Doing well

Let me tell ya, we got us a treasure here. She is sooo sweet but spunky, but funny, but smart. Just a total gem.

She was missing foster mom (grandma) so much. We were BLESSED to go see her yesterday. So very blessed. It's not normally allowed, but God knew the needs of this precious girl and it happened. We went to her home where she promptly told grandma her legs were cold and off they went, reappearing in her 4th layer of clothing. Yep, the 3 layers I had on her were not enough:)

Grandma loves this girl, and cared for her well. It was so obvious. Grandma also handed over this girl, very clearly to ME, as her mama, and told her to go with me, I am her MAMA and to be happy.  What a GIFT this woman gave this child. Love, as a grandma/mother, but room for parents, and the ultimate gift of letting her go for her best interests.

And trust me when I say it is in her best interest. To have her come to a family that loves her already, which I promised grandma we would ALWAYS love and care for her, but to leave this country that she is stared at, pointed at, and generally treated poorly. It's been annoying and sad to see people act so goofy at one little girl. Because under that white hair is just A LITTLE GIRL.

She told us today that the kids at school made fun of her, calling her "Little old man" because of her hair and grandma actually buzzed off her hair and wore a WIG on her to try to keep her from being picked on.  Unbelievable, huh?

Phoebe, is doing well again today, she clearly got great peace from seeing her beloved grandma and knowing grandma is ok and wants her to be with me. We took grandma lots of gifts as well as her giving Phoebe the BIGGEST stuffed monkey toy I have ever seen. That's gonna be fun to get on a plane with tomorrow:(

She's eating well, she's got a bit of a cold, now don't worry, grandma heard her cough and we now have 2 medicines we are to give her. Along with instructions to dress her warmer and never give her cold water.  Yep.

She's got a little friend, he's 8 and was in foster care as well, he was sent back to the orphanage the same time as her so they built a fast friendship, they had a play date today. He is a sweet guy, and the two of them together is a barrel of fun. The giggles, the chatter:)  Phoebe has started to come to me and chatter in Chinese but now she is understanding that I don't speak Chinese so she says "Mama timmadon" which means " momma don't understand" and she is smart enough to try out charades when Chloe is not readily available.


She also started repeating stuff I say in English. It's not going to take her long at all to learn English. She asked a bunch questions today of Paisley, yep, we got to Skype and give Chloe a break, Paisley answered a bunch of stuff relating to the dogs at home, the kids-- she is floored by how many siblings she has:)

I have trouble getting pics of her, not because of no flash to spare her eyes, it's because she's a blond flash of action that I can't catch on film. The girl is BUSY.  Not still unless she is sleeping or watching tv, which is what she is doing right now.

I *think* I have the bugs worked out of my internet issue but who knows. It's frustrating but I do the best I can. Tomorrow we move on to Guangzhou which will be a blessing to get to warmer climate, more adoptive families, although the ones here with another agency are really nice and we are enjoying the little time we have had together.

Noodles for lunch, so not sure what the plan for supper will be, I'm sure if Chloe has any say it will be street food again tonight, she is in Chloe heaven eating here. I can't complain I think I have spent a whopping $8 for 4 nights of supper for all?  We went to the grocery store today and got her suitcase of snacks, yep, more stuff to pack. OIY.

Well, I'm off to feed the girls supper, big and little are getting restless:)

I feel soooo blessed by this child, this little girl, the one I now call daughter:)






15 comments:

lalalorlor said...

She is just precious!! I love her hair - it so reminds me of my daughter when her hair was that short!! I am so glad she is doing well and I hope Guangzhou is a kinder environment...

Karen said...

Phoebe is adorable...love her smile!! So glad to hear the transition is going smoothly so far.

thesleepyknitter said...

Loved this post! We are checking the blog every day to see if you've posted anything new. So thankful she is doing well, and what a blessing to get to see her grandma again.

Praying for you!

Tammy said...

aweee just loving her! So glad you are ready to move on...getting close to home soon! Prating for easy travels for you.
Blessings
Tammy
beavoice.me

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry and Christy said...

What a blessing for Phoebe to have a caring Grandma. Sounds like she and Kat will have a great time together. I saw Suzanne's post on We Are Grafted In. There was a link to her blog and pictures with Anthony and Phoebe.Sounds like your trip to China has been amazing. Only God!
Christy

ashley said...

what a blessed trip you are having! Phoebe is precious and adorable! Love the time she got to spend with grandma. God is so good. Safe travels to Guangzhou. Can't wait for your next post :)

Joy said...

My third grade class asks every day if I heard anything more about Phoebe. They are praying that she wouldn't be scared.
Can't wait to see you at the airport!
Joy

K said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! She does look happy and I'm glad for you that you all got go see grandma and have a great response from her. You've truly been blessed again!

K said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! She does look happy and I'm glad for you that you all got go see grandma and have a great response from her. You've truly been blessed again!

Colleen said...

I'm so happy for you, Vickie! Phoebe is beautiful! God is good!

Colleen said...

I'm so happy for you, Vickie! Phoebe is beautiful! God is good!

Ron Stevens said...

Phoebe is BEAUTIFUL and looks like she is setteling in well now.....Glad she was able to see her foster mom one last time...She sounds like she was very kind to her. Does she have email or can you get an address so Phoebe can send her letters? Enjoy Guangzhou...It is always good to get there for sure! Continued prayers for you all. Brenda

Mdivgirl said...

I enjoy following your adventure. I've never been to China, but living in Taiwan, I have to laugh at her grandma's reaction to the cold and Phoebe's cough. It's not as cold here as there, but all the kids' clothes in stores are quilted or lined with fake fur. They dress their kids in more layers than I wore playing in the New Jersey snow. And I definitely feel like a rebel every time I order a cold drink when I have a sore throat or a cough. Phoebe definitely looks like one happy, loved little girl. I'm so glad of that.

Claire said...

My heart is full with love and joy after catching up on your blog! I'm so happy things are going so well! What a wonderful feeling for everyone. Have a great time in Guangzhou.