Monday, December 17, 2012

Why We Adopt


Why We Adopt


PLEASE take the time to go to this link. Click on the small words "Why We Adopt" -- above

 It's soooo powerful.  I love where he says he's the brake she's the gas pedal:)))

And it's so amazing to hear just how we feel in his words, "There's no physical thing you can buy that will give you true peace and happiness and the pure joy that will come from a rescue or ransom of a child's life is the probably the most satisfying thing you can imagine."

It's how we feel about adoption.  WORTH the 6 minutes you need to watch the video. 

Thanks.

We are still very short of funds. I'm gonna share it here-- it's gonna make you gasp. $13,000.

 I know. That looks soooo big doesn't it?  

I haven't shared it till now because it did seem so overwhelming. But God has told me a few things lately, some I didn't like or want to do but I listened. He told me to send out letters, to family and friends. To SHARE the need. So I did. Now, you gotta know, we did this before with some pretty nasty feedback.


It was hurtful. Annoying. Unbelievable. 

But here's the thing-- God didn't say "EASY" would be our walk once we accepted Him, He just said He won't leave us, He is here to get us through. And He expects obedience. Like it or not. So I did it, I sent the letters out last week.

AND He told me "SHARE" the amount needed. On the blog. The whole amount, not just pieces. So okay, here it is again $13,000. Did you gasp? 'Cause honestly it's looking BIG to us. 

But I feel He wants it shared so when HE provides we can PRAISE HIM and make sure ALL KNOW HE did this. He already knows where this money is coming from.

We heard today finally that we are indeed waiting on TA (Travel Approval MOM)  AND could have it this week. We got a bill from agency for fees that must be paid and we HAVE ENOUGH to pay it. SEE, He provides.

We do NOT have the fees to travel. And we are trying for Jan 4, or Jan 11 if we do get our TA this week. That's 17- 24 DAYS away. With holidays in there, which means no banks open. 

I seriously have NO CLUE which direction God is going to bring this money. It's kinda fun to let our minds run wild, since we have given it to HIM-- will He send it in 1 check ($13,000)? 2 people called ($6500)? 100 people called ($130) ? 1300 people called ($10) ?  Break it down and it seems to be something that CAN happen, doesn't it?

I just know that Phoebe is so special, that He knows the NEED and He knows our hearts, Phoebe is being adopted in honor of a wonderful woman that was taken way too soon, my cousin Andrea. 

She wanted to adopt and told me, the last thing she said to me what she didn't get to adopt. I told her we had her covered, Phoebe was being adopted in honor of HER. It's an HONOR to be chosen to fulfill a dream for my cousin and we will love this child sooooo deeply (we already do!), even her coloring reminds me of my cousin, who was a towheaded child. 

Her name is Phoebe KaiyAndrea. A blending of her Chinese name and my beloved cousin's name who will no doubt be watching over this child. 

Again, from the video  ------

"There's no physical thing you can buy that will give you true peace and happiness and the pure joy that will come from a rescue or ransom of a child's life is the probably the most satisfying thing you can imagine."



We have to get this child's life ransomed. She's so worth it. A treasure. 
Will you share the need? Share so that we can all praise Him as the funds come in. And pray, please pray for those funds, 'cause nothing happens if we don't ASK. 

We are asking:)


Doll raffle has 3 days you donate to the Chip In and for every $5 your name goes in the drawing once  That cute Miss Kitty will draw the winner, can't post without a picture of her in her little "hat" which is really a hair accessory.  No one but her could look so cute in such a thing:)

Update on mom, waiting on latest CT scan results, and a second, actually third opinion on the scans already done. 

So there it is-- our need is great. Not greater than OUR GOD, though, nope, not greater than Him.

No comments: