Monday, December 24, 2012

Celebrating Christmas Eve

First-- 

IT'S SNOWING!!! It's soooo pretty, the ground is all white, we call it laying, Chloe calls it "landing:)" Camden's already out building a snowman. We have nowhere we have to go so why not snow:)) 


Second-

It's CHRISTmas Eve. 

Third-- We spent a lovely weekend-  we went to MOM's and the kids put up her tree for her since she is still weak and not feeling 100%. They did it in no time. I'm telling ya, I should be hiring them out:) They are GOOD. Then we headed off to my brother's house yesterday and had such a great time visiting him and his family.  The weather held out and it was so wonderful to spend time with them.

Aunt Junko aka "Aunt Jingle Bell" as Chase called her all day (she's Japanese)  made a wonderful meal. 

And Chase "embarrassed himself" when Uncle Roy gave the kids hot sauce and told them it was hot enough to kill them and they didn't heed the warning of how hot it was. 

You see, we can't keep these kids in hot sauce, nor HAD anyone found a brand TOO hot for them. Chase spent some time in the garage "cooling off" as he put it--much to the amusement of all. And he was even a good sport about it:)

Fourth--I don't think anyone noticed with our last post but WE GOT TRAVEL APPROVAL--- I don't know if the link threw people off, if you thought I saved that announcement for that post, but I did NOT. The call came December 21 at  3:23 pm. And we were thrilled. Since you all must be out buying gifts or busy wrapping I'll help you out--- 

WOW. Congrats. Thrilling. About TIME. WHoooopeeeee.  Go get that girl. Are you packed yet?  Well, hello, it took long enough!  Get that girl HOME, YEAH!
One less orphan, here your momma comes.  

Okay, now it's sinkin' in:)

Fifth---OH MY GOODNESS-  The CHIP IN!!! Whoooo, hooo. We celebrated 1%, we sure did. We missed 2%, next thing we knew it was 3%, but we celebrated God's provisions. Then it was 6% then 9% and today it JUMPED to 22%. Yep, BOOM, there it is.  22%. The girls squealed with delight (okay MOM I did too) and Kat said "It's a Christmas miracle from Jesus"-- how TRUE is that?

Our wish and prayers for each person who donates is that God sees you have answered His call, He sees your donations from your hearts and He takes that and blesses you 10X over.   

How wonderful that the money needed for Wednesday to book our tickets, we have it:) It's coming in as we need it for this trip, as we learned in Sunday school--- just enough, just in time. His TIME. His provisions, as they are needed. He is calling and providing through His people, to get us to China and get this precious girl home. 


Speaking of home, our day started in meltdown status. Miss Kitty.  I saw the start of this yesterday. When we were talking about me going to China. Yep. The clinging started, or "hogging mom" as Chloe calls it.

And this morning she started crying over something simple. And I knew underneath this was fear. Fear of change, fear of mom going away, fear of a new sister coming. 

So after she did this for a while, I sat her down and I held her. I cradled her like a baby and told her about how excited we were to get Chloe, and the boys, and Paisley, and how none of them coming made us love her any LESS. She is still our special girl and we will always love her.

She was immediately better. Just needed some extra lovin'. We expect the adjustment of Phoebe to the family to be the hardest on Kat, because they are so close in age. So I was actually glad we were able to work through this for her and we have lots of Christmas stuff to do which will give her less time to fret.

She's got such a tender heart, I think it bothers her to feel bad about Phoebe coming and her being scared because she wants her sister to come home, but she's also worried what that means to our every day life.   All normal adjustments. It will be nice to be able to give her extra family time with the holidays and school being out before we do go to China.


And about going to China--   we are looking at leaving Jan 12 and returning Jan 23. We want to keep the trip as short as possible to save money and to be able to get home asap. Next fees needed are In China costs, orphanage fee, etc. We have little time, but HUGE FAITH!

We are  praying  for some more "Christmas miracles" to get our girl home. He will not let us down.  Just WEEKS NOW, after sooo long---I will be able to tell her (In Chinese, in PERSON)
I love you daughter!! 

We can't wait-- it's hard not having Phoebe here for Christmas but we believe in God's timing, because it's PERFECT.

So for now, we wish everyone, Merry Christmas and know He IS the REASON for the SEASON.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

7 comments:

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

Vickie,
I am sorry that I didn't express how happy I am at your announcement. I am absolutely TICKLED PINK! I did give a shout of joy but was just too tired to post it. I can’t wait to follow your journey!
My 18-year-old twins have never seen snow. It is 70 degrees here in Florida. They have only been on two vacations in their lives and Dec. 26th we leave to go on their third vacation. We are coming up there to PA! My aunt has a big house in Oxford, PA. Her house is sandwiched between two Amish farms. We are praying for snow! My mom and dad, three sisters, along with their six kids will all be there,… All in all, there will be 19 of us all staying with my aunt and uncle for five days! I so hope and pray that all these Florida kids will get to see a snowfall, build a snowman, go sledding,… We are coming back home on the 31st. Between getting ready for Christmas and getting ready for our trip, I have just been running, but please know that I am THRILLED!
God bless and Merry Christmas!
Monica

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

p.s. Also sending up prayers of thanksgiving that your mom does not have cancer!!!! Praise God!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Vickie!!! I just posted your blog to my FB friends again.., hoping to get some more funds for you!!'
Merry Christmas!!!

Anita Shields said...

I love you Vickie, and so glad that it's coming together (as you told me it would, because you are trusting in Jesus)..I watch in awe...You know that I am really trying to trust Him more, with everything...and meeting you has been a blessing to me and to my boys!!! And I can't wait for you to go and get her and be back on my bus telling me all about her and your trip!!! I will miss you!!!

Anita Shields said...

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!

Anita Shields said...

I love you Vickie, and so glad that it's coming together (as you told me it would, because you are trusting in Jesus)..I watch in awe...You know that I am really trying to trust Him more, with everything...and meeting you has been a blessing to me and to my boys!!! And I can't wait for you to go and get her and be back on my bus telling me all about her and your trip!!! I will miss you!!!

Grandma Shelley said...

Whoop Whoop!! Merry Christmas! AND, CHINA, here we come, eh? This is so awesome. I am so thrilled for you, my friend.....