Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Time flies

Kat age 3 in China






Who in the world is this lovely girl? Our Kat. Miss Kitty, as she is affectionately known as,  with us today now SIX years!
 
I know, I know, it's hard to believe. On one hand, she wore 18 month baby clothes at age 3 when we got her, so it seemed like we have had her since birth almost. Yet, on the other hand, it seems like six years went flying by and there's no way it's been that long.
 
I truly can't imagine life without her. She is the most loving, sweet, spunky diva I know. 
 
As you may notice in her pictures, she has GROWN.  Matter of fact when I took the kids to my favorite park for pictures yesterday I was blown away by the pure beauty of the last picture posted. It's so HER.
 
Gorgeous. Lots and lots of hair. Angelina J*lie lips. Those almond eyes. She is just breath taking.
 
All I could think of in the full length shot, when did she get so TALL? She's 4 ft 2, catching up fast to Paisley's 4 ft 5 but still not taller than Phoebe (4 ft 3 as of last update)
 
She's all of 48 pounds, dripping wet. Skin--eeeyyy. Although she is very healthy, rarely gets anything but a cold. For a lovie who spent the first 6 months here sick all the time, this is much preferred.
 
She still eats the most Chinese- like, noodles, meats, seafood, no cheese, no dairy (Yes, MOM I know she should) doesn't care for bread. But she's got a sweet tooth, yep, she does. Girl likes her candy.
 
So many years, so many things changed, foster siblings, our baby passing, a new sister--- who brought 2 new brothers, big siblings growing up and moving out, another new big sis, and another sis to come. 
 
Through it all Miss Kitty has remained loving, wonderful, caring and the reason we were willing to go forward and add "just one more"-   Okay, permission to laugh for ALL right here.
 
Seriously, if she had been a "tough" child, not blended in so easily, I know we would not have been open when God called us to Chloe. And call He did. Unmistakable.
 
But our Kat, well, she was a delight from Day 1. The little girl of my dreams. Girly giggles, frills, dresses galore, earrings, bling.  Shoes!  Hair bows. Wooo, hooo, a girly girl:)
 
A blessing she is, and always has been. She will receive a small gift and a thank you card from us, thanking her for becoming our daughter:)
 
Love you Kitty Kat, always and forever. You are so precious. A gift from God that we treasure.
 
  

6 comments:

thesleepyknitter said...

:-) soooooo adorable in *every* picture! and really tall in that next to last one! Wow. She looks like a middle schooler!

Many blessings to the lovely Miss Kit Kat. My children adore you from afar. :-)

Linette said...

I remember a couple years ago you photographed her in the clothes (or anyway the pants) that she wore on gotcha day, and could still fit into. I was thinking about that recently when I retired the 12-month-sized shorts that my five-year-old was wearing this summer. Makes it hard to find clothes sometimes, doesn't it?! But my, she is getting tall, and a real beauty! Glad she inspired you to bring home so many more! :-)

Rebecca said...

She is so beautiful. I can tell that you love her so much. Isn't it hard to imagine how different life would've been had you not said yes? I also get a tinge of sadness for the momma that will never know the beauty that she missed out on.

Grandma Shelley said...

As I recall....when you returned from China, one of the things Miss Kit Kat wanted so much was LONG hair. If I recall rightly, she kept asking you when her hair would be long. It's long now, baby! I was amazed to see how tall she has gotten. Wowzers! That is amazing. hugs to all!

Dottie P said...

What a blessing she must be! And beautiful, yes! Ron will be having a hard time keeping those boyfriends away for as long as possible!

Monkey Tales said...

Where did our babies go? She looks soooooo grown up! We Miss you guys :-(