Monday, July 9, 2012

Kat's special day





Off we went to the annual baptism service at our local Lake-- I had no clue that girly wanted to be baptized. She had been in children's church for the announcement and silly mom thought she was too young. 


But as soon as we got there, she said "MOM, I want to be baptized," and when I told her that she had to accept Jesus as her Savior, into her heart she said "YEAH?"  Like well, duh mom. (Did I mention she is 8 going on 18?)


So she went and talked to Pastor Dave (on the left) and she looked back at me and winked and gave me thumbs up (I kid you not).

 I was totally unprepared I had NO camera (thanks Jenna's dad for these shots) nor a towel. (thanks Hannah for sharing)


Even unprepared my pride in my girl is HUGE, she loves "her Jesus" and I know she will be an amazing steward of God's love in her life.  She will be a doer when she knows children are suffering- she already has a heart for adoption:))))


Kat's baptism 7-8-12  She is SAVED.  One less orphan, one more precious daughter of God.  


Thank you Jesus for this wonderful girl. She loves YOU so much.

6 comments:

Karen said...

What a special event!! I know how proud you are! CONGRATULATIONS!

thesleepyknitter said...

beautiful!!!! we are thankful with you!

Jerry and Christy said...

Congratulations Kat! This is just the beginning of a life well spent. Thanking Jesus for you.

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

Congratulations to you and your entire family!

Donna said...

Such a special day!!! Congrats

Lisa said...

Such a sweet story God's weaving in Kat's life! Congratulations to all of you! Lisa