Saturday, June 9, 2012

I'm her MOM

Today was a fun day. Nothing special planned, nope, just hanging out.  We started out our lazy day on our deck, we have 4 chairs out there so some of us double up, some end up on laps, some sit on the steps.


But needless to say, at one point I looked at dad and said "Wow, what would our lives been without these kids?" And he responded "Quiet." And Chloe said "Daaaaaddd!"


But seriously- we have great conversations on our deck. Chloe asked me to make "Rice Kristophers"  today (yeah mom- to everyone else those would be Rice Kr*spie Treats)


And Chance ask Chloe if she likes to "smell his AXE" (body spray) and she insisted he was swearing at her:)  They banter, they pick. They laugh at each other and themselves.


After that the kids watched me bath the doggies, we all got cleaned up and went to town.  Chloe had to find a new bathing suit, and thankfully she is quite modest, but that's also harder to find in girl's swimwear.


We picked up medicine for Paisley and got some marshmallows and butter for the treats. Chloe made the regular ones with my help and Paisley the chocolate ones.


But even bigger, in the store Paisley said "Mom, look."  Then later she said "Mom, don't forget" (Her gum replacement) and again later "Mom, can I see this? (my camera) And just now "Mom, I'm cold."


Each time easier and easier it comes. It seems so natural to me. But knowing she is making effort because it's not easy/natural to her, that's soooo exciting. So sweet.
I'm thrilled to hear it out of her. It's getting her far:)  She got her gum. She got to take funny pictures of her  knees, feet, legs, and she got a big warm blanket wrapped around her and a big hug to warm her up:) 


Just a lazy Saturday but for me, one I will not forget any time soon.  Because today I saw baby steps of a girl who wants to have someone she can count on, she can trust, she can know loves her--- she wants to have a MOM and today I am HER MOM:)

How am I sure??  She told me so:)

7 comments:

Sue said...

It is amazing for those "take for grant" moments on our children that have been with us most of their lives and hear it come from a child that hasn't been with us long, what a great feeling it is. I still want to shout sometimes when Erin does something that I just take for granted with the other girls.

Sue said...

It is amazing for those "take for grant" moments on our children that have been with us most of their lives and hear it come from a child that hasn't been with us long, what a great feeling it is. I still want to shout sometimes when Erin does something that I just take for granted with the other girls.

Chad and Kristy said...

Love it:)

Chad and Kristy said...

Love it:)

Nancy said...

So so sweet. You are an awesome mom.

MommaT said...

Beautiful!

thesleepyknitter said...

So happy to read about the great progress!