Friday, May 4, 2012

What's today???

Anybody?  Come on, you KNOW.


Not May day. Not some one's birthday. Still it's a day worthy of gift giving---


It's the BOYS Gotcha DAY!!   WHOOO OOOOO!  2 years ago.  As we sat in a hotel lobby and waited I saw 2 boys coming with a young lady and knew it was them. I saw them first.


 It surprised me how much Chance looked like Chloe.  It surprised me how vulnerable Chase looked.  As if he wasn't sure we wanted him or he wanted US:))


Chloe was over joyed to have her brothers. Within minutes they were hitting each other and it was as if time melted away. 14 months apart was nothing to them, they were siblings.  Nothing was breaking that bond.


You all know I don't believe in sugarcoating. It's not real, that's not me.


At times it was ROUGH. We had to fake it to make it some days. Some days I didn't LIKE them, some days they didn't like ME.  Their adjustment to become one of us, not to make us orphans, was a battle at times.  One they wanted to win.  But they could not and have not, therefore they actually ARE winning, in the game of LIFE.


Being an orphan is no way to live. Anywhere. It's not where any child should have to be.  But they are. Many would look and say- an older BOY, no way.  Can't do it.


  And that's fine if you really can't, but then don't turn away and say forget it. Because GOD calls us to DO SOMETHING and you can. Prayer for a family adopting. Breaks if we want them for families struggling who have adopted. Funding to help families bring these treasures home.  Sponsoring a child in foster care.  There are MANY ways to honor God in His Will to care for the orphans.  


And if you feel your family can blend a teen treasure, well then wonderful!  Read, read and read about what to expect. Get a good support base of parents who have BTDT.  Get ready to be changed.  God may need to stretch you.  I've grown in SOOOO many ways having become the momma of these 2 boys.  


I'm incredibly proud to call them my sons.  Pleased as punch, if you will, that they have our name.  That they are just "one of the kids" here now, special in their own right, but also a blended in fit for our lives.  Matched up perfectly by God and each thriving in their place within our family.


They've grown so much over 2 years.  In height. In pounds. In speech, in caring, in our culture, in trust and in love.  They are not lost in the 163 MILLION children who are orphans.  They hold that title no longer.  They are SONS.  


I have no doubt of our 3 --had they had not been adopted and turned 16, let go from the orphanage that at least 1, probably more likely 2 of the 3 teens would not have survived to age 20.  That's right, not SURVIVED to age 20.  These are CHILDREN, innocents, precious ones, that GOD loves deeply.  He doesn't want for them to not have families.


HE and only HE got these boys home with their sister. He called so many and you all listened.  I STILL get chills when I think of the day I learned of them and knew we would have to go back for them, it just wasn't right to be taking her from them. And I wasn't leaving her.  


I can't say every day has been lollipops and roses, the bank didn't give me any lollipops today either, must have noticed I didn't have any kids in my car and thought I should grow up or something    I mean, I've had a day or two that I wondered when the next flight to China was and how much rope it would take to strap them to the belly of the plane. OIY.  But did they need parents?  Yep.  They sure did. And were we called to parent them? Yep, we sure were.


Even then sometimes I would ask God-- "Hey were you SURE you got the right mom here, you know I got a temper, I can be fussy?"  And there was never any lightening bolt saying "OOPS, I did goof, sorry." So we hung in there and now at 2 years home I can honestly say, we are doing well.  We love these guys.  They are happy, they are pleased to be our sons, they love us.


Loved, cherished.  Enjoyed.  Treasured.  


Happy Gotcha Day Chase and Chance-- Your lives, your journey to us, are proof of  God's amazing MIRACLES--- and we feel honored to be chosen to parent you.


(Side note) When I called the boys up and said "What's today." They said  "May four" and I asked again, and they said again "May four".  And I asked again, and Chance said "It's not my birthday, hummm, gift day,  OHHHH, Gotcha day!!"  


Cracked us up they forgot!  They were happy- Pistachio nuts, sausage, a puzzle, lounge pants, unders:)) 

4 comments:

Marie94 said...

I cry every time you tell this story and I am not a crier. It reminds me in a very tangible way that He does care and He is with us. Please never stop telling this story!

Sue said...

happy gotcha day Chase and Chance. It is amazing that it already has been two years. and many more to come

mom2three said...

I remember when I first heard about the family that had adopted a daughter, only to find that she had two brothers. I have followed your blog ever since and have learned so much from your wisdom. You make us laugh, you make us cry, and you make us think. Thank you for sharing your life. God has blessed you richly, and I thank you for sharing that blessing with us.

mom2three said...

I remember when I first heard about the family that had adopted a daughter, only to find that she had two brothers. I have followed your blog ever since and have learned so much from your wisdom. You make us laugh, you make us cry, and you make us think. Thank you for sharing your life. God has blessed you richly, and I thank you for sharing that blessing with us.