Monday, March 26, 2012

Whatcha think?


The house is officially DONE.  The stone was finished last week. So what did I do?  I immediately realized I did not like the sage green color of the doors.  I wanted something that would "go" better with the stone, and would make the front door "pop".  Or as Chloe says give it "flavor."  


And so me that woman who said she would never paint again HAD to have a newly painted door ASAP.  Once it was done it was sooo different I couldn't decide if it's TOO much.  So I'm asking your opinion. Is it too orange?  It's called cinnamon stick- it's supposed to be a warm deep rust. Give it to me straight.  'Cause I already have a shade darker paint samples I am pondering over.


And feeling ridiculously silly.  'Cause life is so much more than a paint color, but isn't that just how it is?  We get so "caught up" in life that we aren't taking time for the "Big Man"- God. 


 Our Sunday School class is wonderful and we talked about this yesterday and how to remedy this in a busy world.  Each day take time to simply give God our day.  Make it His.  A simple request, but giving it ALL to Him, He who can get us through each day but we have to take time to ASK.  I love this simple and easy plan, not to say I don't want more time with God and being in His word. Nope. 


But on days where it's go, go go, from the time you get out of bed, I'd much rather ask God to take me where He wants on a day like that, than to go it alone, forgetting to ask Him along.


I think often God is seen as complicated, hard to reach, hard to stay close to.  This is NOT true.  God is there for every single one of us. He is available to us, often we are not available to HIM.  He can't work in us and with us when we are not available:(


So take time today to say to God "I give this day to YOU." And see how much better your days will go.


We had an interesting weekend, first our son Chase surprised us with being angry over being mean to Chance in school AGAIN and when confronted by it, calling me the "B" word.  Wow, we didn't know he even KNEW that word, although that was kind of a "duh" (on us), he's gone to public high school for 2 years now, HELLO. Come on over mom, bring the soap

But I was not thrilled, as you can imagine.  He spent the better part of Friday on a long walk to cool down his hiney, then in his room until stubborn boy apologized on Sunday.  He did come out to eat, even when pouting in his room-- so that's improvement.


I *wanted* to get wayyy upset by him calling me that but as I told someone he said that and they asked me if he said it "In ENGLISH" and I said "yeah, I don't know the Chinese version of that" it made us laugh and I really  wasn't able to get angry about it.


'Cause children are going to try out these things. NOT that he didn't get in trouble and apologize. He actually promised me (unprompted) he would never say it again. Humm.  Baby step?  


Chloe and Kat had a fun time this weekend making crafts. Chloe saw a program on making picture boards and next thing I knew she had dad cutting her pieces of foam left over from the house construction and this was the result. She helped Kat make one too.  It was fun to see them raiding my crafts stash and working together.  Reminds me of my childhood when I was sewing pillows or making crafts which I did often.


Now don't forget I want comments about the door color, give 'em to me, I asked:)  And don't worry I took time to give this day of my life to God- yeah!!

16 comments:

Heather said...

Don't you dare change the doors! They look marvelous! Just the thing to give your house the spice that reflects the amazing people living inside of it!

The Sardos Family said...

Love it!

Stacey T. said...

I love the color!!!!

Lara said...

Love the pop of color!

Heather said...

Love the color pop on the doors! Really does make a big difference. Hmm..... I think I now need to paint my front door! :-)

Kim said...

Bright door colors always say "You're welcome in this home" to my family. Don't change a thing!

Sharon said...

I really, really like the door color!!!

Sherri said...

I gave my comment on facebook, but I'll do it again here.

I love the color! :)

Lisa said...

The orange is absolutely great! Don't change a thing!

dfdiaz said...

The door looks great and your house is marvelous. I love the color and maybe adding shutters the same color as the door would tie it all together. It's perfect!

Ruby said...

I love the color. My house is similar, except the trim around each of the windows is the same color as the door. That REALLY makes it pop (I get TONS of compliments on it)

~Monica Utt~ Itty Bitty Land said...

I would have never thought to pick it in a store but seeing it on the house I LOVE IT! You have a good eye.

Anne said...

Love the colour!!

jochi33 said...

I love the new door color and think you need matching shutters on the top floor to really pop!

Linette said...

At least from a distance, the door makes me want to celebrate Chinese New Year. Don't know if that was the effect you were after or not! (And I got the B word this morning too...it sounds like a different, but lesser, insult in Chinese, so I don't think he realizes just how rude it is.)

Laurie said...

I really like it and agree with jochi33 that matching shutters on the top would really make it pop!