Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wanna Help?

Update-- Did you all read this-- the 1 comment left on this post?? Besides being THRILLED about the Chip In total and soooo thankful for you ALL---you gotta read this--





Blogger Caleigh said...
Hello I'm 14 I was called to missions over this summer and wish I could help with tbe funds but can't I hope this is a LIFE changeing thing for her I will be praying and if there is any way for me to email you or her to tell y'all my whole story I would love to and just so I can let her know how much love other people have for other people.just like she has for them


Caleigh Jordan in GOD I trust love y'all


Do you know how special that comment is?  Do you not think God is so incredibly tickled over these girls? Do you?  This touched my heart, so much, because here is a girl, another one of God's precious children who went on a mission trip.  Answered His call.  At age 14!!  I mean, do any of us ADULTS have trouble answering His call?  Really? At times we question and wonder but these girls, young and innocent as can be, they ANSWER and--


---they make a difference. WOW.  I am blown away.


And yes, Caleigh, you wonderful child, you may e-mail us, as can anyone who would like to at ronvic7@yahoo.com


Now-how is Chloe reacting to the Chip In?  WELL--- I think I am now deaf from the ear splitting squeal she let out. Good thing blogging is writing, huh?


Then she got quiet and serious, and I knew, here comes the questions.


Chloe: "Mother, who are these people, do they know me?"


Mom: "Some do, most don't. These are God's people, answering His call."


Chloe: "How they know He call them?"


Mom: "They feel it in their hearts and they want to be a part of you helping people on your trip. They know you are taking the teaching of God to these people in need. Not everyone can go on a mission trip but this is a way they can go- through YOU."


Chloe: "Oh, so this what it means that God uses people? "


Mother: "Yes, He can call us for many different things, we just have to listen to Him when He asks."


Chloe: "Mother, why didn't I ask before this for all the money I needed, oh, that wouldn't be right, would it?"


Mother: "No, Chloe it wouldn't."  (As I am thinking- she is a teen after all:))


She's so thankful for each and every one of you, praying, donating, caring, it all matters so much.


And WHOOO HOOOO, she's at 96% and can't wait to see 100% funding!!   Anyone want to put her there??? I can handle another squeal (I think) and don't need my hearing to blog, so go for it.


Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God is SO GOOD!


Once upon a time there was a special little girl who needed a family.  And God showed a family they needed this girl.  She came home to this family and brought with her brothers, as well as a wonderful spunky attitude and teen spirit.


As her parents got to know this precious and wonderful girl, now turned daughter, they watched as she grew, she learned to trust and they saw what a  HUGE, bigger than life, HUGE heart  she had.  For those in need.  


She wanted to help in any way she could.  So it was no surprise to this family of hers when a mission trip plan came up and she signed up to go along.  She is eager, excited, and has worked very hard to earn her way.


She has saved every gift (birthday, Christmas, etc) given to her to add to her funds to go.  She has participated in numerous fund raisers.  She took a job at an ice cream stand over the summer and saved everything she earned from it toward her trip.


She has 1 week left to come up with the remaining funds she needs.  She is stressing. BIG TIME.  For she has not yet learned how God will provide when the heart is pure.  And the need is for Him.  To do His work.  


She is $750 short.  We have helped her with her fundraising, from buying products, to helping make peanut clusters, and we have paid for her plane ticket to and from Costa Rica.  She leaves the end of next month and although this momma is struggling with her being gone from us for over a week when it seems like we only just got her home and I want to hang onto my girl, I KNOW this trip could completely change her life.


Give her a way to give to others, which she so deeply desires to do. She is so caring and so giving, we are just thrilled to call her our girl.


So I am hoping you all will show Chloe, our teen treasure, God's love once again, how He will answer the need she has in order for her to go.


Some of the highlights of the trip will be building a classroom on to the church there, hold Vacation Bible School for up to 500 children, a baby shower for the family that hosts our church group.  It's a group of 25 people going who will make an amazing difference in the short time they are there.  


They will even leave behind the clothes they take to wear on their trip for the people there to have because they have so little. And learn a little Spanish, which is very funny sounding coming from my Chinese daughter.


I know she is going to have such a special time and I know she will be able to be a wonderful asset to the group having come from where she did.  She exudes HOPE, LOVE, GOD's LOVE for His people.


So I ask, would you like to be a part of Chloe's journey?  She's asking very nicely and has made a promise to do all she can for the people they are going to help:)

1 comment:

Caleigh said...

Hello I'm 14 I was called to missions over this summer and wish I could help with tbe funds but cant I hope this is a LIFE changeing thing for her I will be praying and if there is any way for me to email you or her to tell y'all my whole story I would love to and just so I can let her know hkw.much love other people have for other people.just like she has for them


Caleigh Jordan in GOD I trust love y'all