Thursday, October 20, 2011


Another year older. Not that I mind. Nope. 'Cause I've learned so much and keep learning, the older I get. I like the fact I gain maturity and knowledge as I age.
 
 
That I have learned to share my life with many. That I have overcome many things and still have an open heart. And God has blessed me greatly. He has sustained me through many years, many trials. And I am so thankful to have Him in my life, to be able to freely worship Him.
 
 
I had a lovely day. On the quiet side. I did my usual chores, dishes, laundry, again, not minding because I am happy to have water, a washer, a dryer, soap. More than some folks have. I try to never take for granted ALL I have.

Hubby brought home supper, a nice treat for all. And cheesecake:) And he bought me 2 books and a purse. Normally I am a fussy purse woman, no one tries to buy me a purse, I like a certain amount of pockets, a certain size of purse.
 
 
But he got me this cute patterned purse, and it's perfect. I really like it.

Kat presented me with the picture above, and said I was "skinny" in her picture. I guess that was supposed to make me feel good? I will treasure her picture of skinny me, no matter what.


Chance said to me "Sorry mom, I no have gift" and I told him a hug could be a gift. He then said " so when you birfday mom?" And when I said "today" he then hugged me and said "wow, that gift was free, cost no money." And I told him those were gifts of the best kind:)

Chloe wanted to know why the cheese cake looked like chocolate and did it really have cheese in it? Girl hates cheese. Loathes it. She has NO idea what she is missing:)

I'm off to have a piece or two of that cheese cake, drink a cup of tea, kick back with a book and enjoy the rest of my day. 44 years of life. I'm thrilled to be alive, well and the momma of MANY.

4 comments:

mom2three said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a peaceful day. I like your birthday/aging philosophy.
My son is finally tolerating cheese. Said it tastes like salty milk to him. Still won't touch chocolate, though. Always passes his share onto his Mama, which is fine by me.

CherryBomb2 said...

Happy Birthday ... Momma to the World ! You deserve the very best and I guess you are close to having it today !

J C

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your cheesecake... My Lin will "try" a bite of cheese, just to re-confirm how much she hates it! And yes, these kids don't know what they're missing!

MommaT said...

Happy Birthday and btw way you are a youngen still:) Glad you had a good day and that you got a hug out of it too:)