Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Castle









Okay, here's the house. Before we mowed and after, although we weren't completely done mowing but it looked so much better.



So far no major injuries, if you don't count Chase putting his hand on the mower muffler for some odd reason. It would be so nice if he would ASK if he doesn't know something, like how to fill it will gas, instead of insisting he can do it himself and ending up with blisters from touching the hot muffler-OIY.



Chloe asked me to "pinch her" to see if we really did get the house. I declined, believe it or not. But, yeah, it's no dream. We got lumber ordered and delivered, we have internet and phone- the workers are to be here Monday morn, bright and early.



And although we aren't living here yet, we got take out Chinese and treated our friends who helped try to cut down the 4-6 feet weeds and grass and had our first supper on our porch last night.



It's gonna be amazing when it's all done, but now I have to be patient waiting for it to GET there. I guess I want to share my lesson in patience 'cause I still am not ready to share the big news. Sorry (mom) I know I am HORRIBLE.

9 comments:

Cayle said...

Your making me anxious about this news haha.


I am so happy for you guys about the house and I probably would have pinched myself too. =P congrats and I know you guys will be more than happy with the two restrooms. [=

Grandma Shelley said...

Awesome, Vickie! You guys won't know how to act with TWO bathrooms! And all the rest of the room. What fun! So glad for you.

Holly said...

I love it! So happy for you!

MommaT said...

Congrats...looks like a grea thouse and big yard to play in!

Sherrie said...

NICE!! Even though it needs the work that you have talked about, it is still a great place and I can see why you have been so excited about it!!!! I can't wait to watch the progress, I know you are planning on keep us updated with photos, right????? Yeah, hurry up with the news already, no fair keeping us on the edge of our seats!!!!! :-).

Adrian Roberta said...

We did the same as you all, buying a huge house, fix it up (just the way you want it!) and turn it into something so beautiful! I'm so excited for you all, such a worthwile labour of love! Such a wise investment too!!!

Monica said...

Does the surprise have a name and currently lives both far away and in your heart too?

Jennifer said...

So glad for you. Yes... Yes... However, I can't get any classwork done because I am constantly checking the blog for an update on the news.

Don't get me wrong. I am praying for the move to be smooth, the work to not be delayed, and for there to be joy all around, but MERCY!!!! UNCLE!!!!!! Pretty please let this tired man off the hook and tell already. (And no, your MOM didn't tell me to write this comment) (I am on your side MOM).

Jennifer said...

BTW that was from CHAD not Jennifer.