Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weird



Is anyone else seeing my post of Thursday GONE or is it just me? It was there- then yesterday blogger was giving me fits saying it was "unavailable" and the post I wrote was gone. Zapped, MIA. Strange.



Maybe it will show up as soon as I post this, making me look nuts. As if it takes much?



And yes, I'm posting this at 3 am. No laughing, my face hurts. Literally. I've got a sinus infection and yes (mom) I know it's from the stress.



What stress? First missing blogger posts, 'cause I KNOW how important those are:) Then the 500 million or so boxes of everything we own being packed and stacked in the house. MOVING. For 8 people and 2 pets is NO fun. And yeah, I said 2 pets. That's a whole other issue.



We had 3 pets. That cute black and white kitty Camden adored? Let's just say "no longer with us?" He was hit and left:( Gone to kitty heaven and I have to tell you I'm a chicken, I dodged Cam's questions every day like a pro football player dodges tackles. Couldn't imagine breaking that news to him, breaking his poor little heart like that. He loves that cat so much.



But he figured it out when a" friend" of his told him his aunt saw a black and white cat dead on the road ( can I just say MOVING far away from this "friend") and he decided it must have been Oreo and he has accepted that he is gone. Not coming back.



Dad went to the doctor and will go back to work Monday if he feels up to it. He is NOT a model patient and I love him. Still. Even when he has been off work for 2 weeks and spent the last week home with me each day exclaiming every day how he doesn't understand how weak he still it, why he is still coughing, and how much weight he has EFFORTLESSLY lost. 30 some pounds. Yeah, just what his fluffy wife wants to hear. Did I mention how much I love him?



What are teens up to? We went as a family last night and walked for cancer. No fundraising involved, our church decided to enter last minute and took a straight donation per family and signed people up to walk for the 24 hrs. Chloe wanted to walk the whole 24 hrs, so she got out of school early to be there at the start. She only lasted about 2 hrs and she was done. Figured out her feet hurt and who wants that? Also learned eating and walking don't really go together well either.



We were all there for the lighting of luminaries, in honor of those with cancer or who have lost their battle to cancer. And something happened. Of course it did.



Don't worry. We knew not to give the teens candles, they are totally fascinated by fire and not too safe around it yet. And no, (MOM) nothing got set on fire. But I looked over in the dark and saw one child in the sand throwing HUGE handfuls of sand like a giant wave as far as possible. No one else was in the sand pit. Everyone was SUPPOSED to be quietly standing and in honor as they read the names.



Since I KNEW it had to be "one of ours" I headed over. Yup, Mr. Chance. Having a good 'ol time throwing that sand as high and as far as he could. And I paused. Because I wondered, did he ever get to do that before? I knew I needed to tell him to stop, and I did, but not before I wished I could just let him go, let him freely throw that sand.



I stifled his fun and I was sad. Sometimes I wish we didn't have to teach them the "rules" and could just let him go. Have fun. Don't worry about the sand he is sure to leave in the van, being rude to the ceremony, just let him be FREE.

But then I realized even better than that, he is FREE, free to be a child and know we've got his back. Free in the knowledge he doesn't go hungry anymore. Free to be whatever he wants to be in this world, free to love and worship God, FREE. One of the best things he has gotten, becoming Chinese/American. And I am so thankful for the 4 Min sibs that we get to call "our kids."



Blessings, all of our kids. No matter how we got 'em:)

4 comments:

Sue Mom of Two said...

yes, your post "disappeared" although I could SEE you had posted and could read the first sentence or so but when I tried to open it.....nothing there. Blogger obviously had a big issue on Thursday.
Good luck with the packing/move, etc.
Tell Camden I'm so sorry about Oreo. We have 2 cats and they are family. The only 2 "kids" we have at home now.

Jerry and Christy said...

I noticed a post on an other blog I visit disappeared yesterday also. I guess blogger is having some issues.
Hope the rest of your packing goes well. How soon until the big moving day?
Christy

mom2three said...

I wondered why it had disappeared. It was a very helpful post. You helped me understand how my son can be SO concerned about helping needy people, and SO unconcerned about hurting his sisters' feelings. I'd never thought about it as the difference between compassion and empathy. Thank you for the insight.

mom2three said...

I wondered why it had disappeared. It was a very helpful post. You helped me understand how my son can be SO concerned about helping needy people, and SO unconcerned about hurting his sisters' feelings. I'd never thought about it as the difference between compassion and empathy. Thank you for the insight.