Friday, February 18, 2011

A story by Kat

Miss Kitty loves to draw. Loves it. Is always drawing something. The more she is learning to read and write we now get stories as well as pictures.

This was her latest "story."

My Mom and Dad



I have a mom and a dad - my mom is marr'd (married) with my dad and they become a parent.

When you are a parent you have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 kids, thats petty (pretty) big. Thats how meony (many) kids,and tenagers (teenagers) and adates (adult) kids too and petty (pretty) soon we are going to move to a defent(different)hose (house.)

Then she drew smiley faces and named each one, but she always seems to miss someone. I guess that's 'cause we have so many of those kids, teenager and adult children:)

She had Kat, Camden, Jay, Mal, Chase, Chloe, Chance, Donovan, Tristan and Brandon. She missed Derrik this time:) Me and dad were on the sides of the row of smiley faced children and she had drawn a big heart.


She also wrote "I love my Famley (family).


Kat is a lover, not a fighter, that's for sure:) She is forever coming up to me or dad and kissing us, on the arm, on the cheek, and telling us she loves us and/or that she is glad we are her mommy/daddy.

I guess when you spend a day with a certain turd boy sitting at the dining room table looking at you like he wished he had NEVER gotten you for his mother, a child like Kat is a breath of fresh a
ir.

I'll let you all guess who was sitting, I'm sure it's not hard to figure out. He DID learn something because he apologized on his own. I have to figure out how to burst "Joe Cool's" big HUGE head that is going to blow soon if he gets any fuller of himself.


He thinks he is better than everyone else, deserves more, shouldn't have to do chores, doesn't have to listen to mother unless he wants to. I KNOW he didn't enjoy sitting on the chair, no TV, no getting up, a step up on punishment because when sent to his room he plays with toys, sleeps, it doesn't seem to bother him much to be sent there.


But the sitting really bothered him. All over me saying we were going to do some chores today, it was so nice out, we went out and raked the yard, swept the walkways, Chloe even painted some trim, she was very excited to be given that job. And she did a good job. It only took us about 1 hour of working together to get everything done, so I don't think I was planning to work Joe Cool to death.

He sat ALL DAY. I told him he will not be lazy and refuse to listen to me. Not unless he likes that chair.
The rest of the kids were all very helpful and I think a certain boy learned a lesson today.

Let's hope so anyway.
Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE~LOVE~LOVE our teens? As if I wasn't one myself and didn't pull all kinds of crap as well as raising a bunch of them already? It always amazes me that the kids can't seem to realize that.
Oh well, I'll keep on top of things, of course I will, even living with Joe Cool:)

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

Kat is so adorable. I love reading about your whole family and seeing how they progress. It all seems so NORMAL even though it is really quite extraordinary.