Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just plain tired

I don't know what's up with that Donovan, if he were female I'd be questioning a twice a week vomiting spell, but thank God that is not something I have to worry about with him. Now to just get him to "spill his guts" QUIETLY and not keep the whole house up with his uh, hum--- NOISE when ill. EISHHHH.

Today was a rough day. The kids had a 2 hr delay which started my day off grand. Just grand, I'll tell ya. Fighting over shoveling, snow tramped in, kids trying to leave an hour too early, then me wondering why I stopped them? What's an hour out in the cold standing at a bus stop? (Okay MOM, I didn't let them go)

I was able to get out in the snow and get to the store, nothing like leaving things to last minute, tomorrow is Chloe's adoption anniversary-- whooo hooo! Had to get a gift to honor the big DAY!) 2 years and that girl is sooooo much like me it's scary sometimes. She's a wonderful, albeit spunky daughter, a joy, a pain, a teen, an amazing person. I am proud to call her my daughter.

I am overjoyed to see the healing and learning she has accomplished in 2 years. She easily calls me "mother" now. She hugs me and even kisses me occasionally, on her own. She understands I can get mad at her and I still love her. She can get mad at me and I know she still loves me. She is happy, healthy and a blessing in our lives.

We went to the school last night and watched her be given her award for Student of the Month. I was so impressed that she didn't speak but 5 words of English when I met her 2 years ago, and here she is, Student of the Month. She's not afraid of school work, now if we can just get her to think that about HOUSE work??

My day today was trying, filled with a pounding headache for the better part of the day and I am drained. I'm off now to drop into my bed, thank God for my day (I always do this, good or bad day as He was with me and for that I am thankful).

Too tired to even post a pic. Sorry. (mom) I'd say "my bad" but I can't stand that phrase. Oh well.

No comments: