Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Deep do do

Okay, I did it. And I'm in deep do~do. Yesterday was not only Son #3's birthday but MOTHER'S as well. My mother. Yikes.

Now, just so you know, I did call/text BOTH and wish them a "Happy Birthday" even with my crappy day going on. BUT I did NOT make mention of these 2 big celebratory events on this BLOG. (mother-- it's called a BLOG, not a BOG)

I know Son #3 aka Brandon, will be just fine not getting honorable mention on my blog, but someone ELSE is not happy at all. I may just be paying for this for the rest of my life even with making the phone calls, which to me meant I wasn't a total slacker.

OIY. Family. Gotta love 'em. I mean, what else ya gonna do with them?

2 YEARS ago I met Chloe and learned of her brothers on this day Feb 23, 2009- WOW.

In Honor of Chloe today, I'll open up for questions:) Leave 'em as comments or even e-mail me privately, I don't mind. All I can say is we are so thankful to have Chloe as our daughter and so thankful that we were able to fulfill the promise I made to her on this day---- "we WILL come back for your brothers."

I think now how horrible if I could not have done it, and we couldn't have without God, trust me when I say that because we were only vessels He asked to trust in Him and we did. But God knew, He knew, I could tell her that because He had it taken care of. We can't take God out of our adoptions, these "family days" would not even happen for us if not for Him.

So if He is calling you--- Please, PLEASE, go for it. It's not without troubles, but is anything worth something EASY? And our children, all of them, are invaluable. Precious. Priceless. Gems, especially the older ones, I can't even tell you how many ways they are changing me for the better:)

I love being their momma. I love being Chloe's "MOTHER". I love all 11 of my children more than I can ever express. Spunky teens and all:)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Vickie,
Happy Gotcha Day to Chloe, we share that day with you, as the day we got our daughter Gracyn! We met 2 years ago in China at our medical exams and have followed your story every since - we celebrated (in our hearts) with you when you got your sons!
Lynn