Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What was I thinking?

K-A-R-A-T-E. Something the KIDS are doing. Pretty much with ease. So where was my MY brain when I thought it didn't look that hard and thought I'd try it.

I knew I was in trouble when the "master" made a comment about how more fun can be had with getting our two legs going in opposite directions as far as possible. Someone forgot to tell my hip that this was supposed to be a tremendous amount of fun and said hip lashed right back at me. OUCH.

I had to sincerely promise my aging bod to never do that again for it to rise up this morning and function to get around today. I don't plan to ever have that lapse in judgement again, guess the "fun" is out for me.

Needless to say, the children laughed like nuts watching mother trying to keep up. At least someone got some amusement out of my pain. So much for being "cool Mother." (As the boys called me) I'll just have to be "uncool."

Next time I'm taking a book.

No comments: