Monday, November 29, 2010

The dreaded trip

If you've known us since after we adopted Miss Kitty then you gotta know what trip I mean. To the local Soc*al Security office to obtain the numbers. Of course, with tax time looming, I had to go. Had to.

It's the ONLY reason I did it. I've put it off as long as possible, not just due to the usual happenings when we go, but we STILL do not have a Certificate of C*tizenship (COC) for Chase. That's a whole other issue that is driving me nuts.

But off we went, since the kids are off school till Wed. Me, Chase, Chance and baby Jaxon. Once we located the office, which, unbeknown to me, had moved, it only took us about 45 minutes. WOW.

Chance's will be here in 2 weeks, Chase's documents have to be confirmed so his will take longer. But all went smoothly, we didn't wait long and other than Chance telling the woman he was "bored, to hurry up," we were in and out fairly painlessly.

As for Chase's COC, we're going on 7 months home. He became a citizen when he entered the US. I've contacted the office via e-mail and called (every day for 3 weeks straight) with it going direct to an answering machine- left messages with our contact info- nothing. Not a return call, not an e-mail. So I contacted our congressman who put in an inquiry, still NOTHING.

It's been over a month since our congressman inquired so his office sent in ANOTHER request for the COC to be processed. Not sure what they are doing at the Philly office, if they lost it, someone is on extended vacation, but getting very annoyed.

Now as for the past trips to the SS office. OIY. If you don't know us from Kat on, well----- my first trip for Kat, she tormented a service dog, was a total monster child and I went totally unprepared for HOURS sitting waiting.

Chloe's trip I took older children, thinking they could surely behave and was asked for the first and only time "was I running a group home or something?"

Something, all right. All mine, they are. Thrilled to claim them as we sat waiting F-O-R-E-V-E-R. (dripping sarcasm here)

We got home today at lunch time, Chloe had Hannah over for the day, they all made dumplings for lunch and they played outside rollerblading for awhile. We took Hannah to karate class with the kids, since they practice on her, now she can kick their butts back:)

Tomorrow I'm going to put Chance to work the second he mentions "I'm bored." It's all that's been coming out of his mouth. He wanted to know if he could "shoot deer, get money." Not quite sure where he got that idea, but the answer is "NO." He doesn't think they should be off school so long, then there's Chloe who has it counted out (16 days of school) till the next vacation, Christmas.

We'll just have to see what Chance gets himself into tomorrow:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I dislike that trip too! I just did jake's the other week. I went to the vital statistics office for a B.C. Then to the social sec. Office all the while entreating the kids.....not fun! I feel your pain!

Adrian Roberta said...

LOL! Ohhh reading your posts makes me appreciate the *serenity* of my 4 kiddoes! lol ~kiddin'

Our old neighbours have a bumper sticker that says, "Kids who hunt don't beat up little old Ladies"

Thinkin you should get it (-:

~Roberta