Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a CELL

I've finally learned when Chloe asks me what something is to stop and ask how she is spelling the word. Since her pronounciation can not always be relied on for me to give her the correct answer.

So when she asked me what a cell was C-E-L-L and I told her "the metal bars to hold you in jail" and she said she had to make a model of it for school I was really wondering if her teachers had total lost it. Come to find out it's a CELL- C-E-L-L, as in the living organism cell. OOPS. Well at least it made more sense than the jail cell. I was worried teachers had heard things about our kids and wanted to be sure they understood "jail cell."

So now a jello mold complete with gummy worms, marshmallows and labels of all parts is headed to school to be eaten. I think this was just an excuse to have snack in school, if you ask ME.

Chloe was asking me what was in the deviled eggs that she really likes. So when I told her mayo, mustard, she said "MONSTER??" Uhh that's MUSTARD.

Kat went off to school grouchy this morning. Why when we are up and ready with 30 minutes to go does she decide 2 minutes before bus time to ask for breakfast? Offered earlier and declined, she was left with the option of eating at school. This was the result.
I did ask Diva girl if she was squeezing the tears out for maximum effect? OIY. She sure is something.

Kat and Jaxon have colds, Kat told me last night her nose was clogged and she couldn't breathe as if it were all my fault and I better fix it and FAST- boy, the attitude at a mere 6 years old is a bit scary. No need for Halloween costume if we did celebrate that.
I'm off to take care of the snuffly,grumpy baby who only wants to be held. Snuggle time- ahhh.

2 comments:

Heather said...

She looks so sad in that pic!! Hope she feels better soon. My daughter just did the jello cell for her anatomy class too! Definitely not edible! HA!

Heather said...

She looks so sad in that pic!! Hope she feels better soon. My daughter just did the jello cell for her anatomy class too! Definitely not edible! HA!