Sunday, September 19, 2010

Humbled

As a momma it is my job to watch out for everyone. To evaluate behaviors, attitudes and moods. It brings me great joy and great concern at times. Both which I share with God, as He gave me all this to handle:) He says I'm up to it.

I WANT to believe it.

Chase is my current concern. He is (at the moment) a wonderful son. He takes care of his own needs, never having to be told to shower, fix his hair, brush his teeth. He is meticulous with his things. He now has 3 pairs of shoes and on a weekly basis he scrubs them, taking out the laces and washing them then sits them out to dry in the sun.

He takes care of everything he has. Hangs up shirts, runs the sweeper in the boys room. He also makes me and dad tea, he carries baskets of clothes each day, up and down to help me. Yesterday when I had Donovan hang towels on the line I remembered them much later, nearly dark and asked Chance to get them. Uhh, guess who had already done it?

I don't know too many 15 1/2 year old boys who CARE if towels come off the clothes line so I made sure he knew "he didn't have to do that." And as usual, I get the small nod meaning he knows but he's gonna do it again.

So instead of sucking it up and thinking I have hit the jackpot of kids, I have to worry. Of course I do. It's a special kind of insanity created special for mothers. Here's where it takes me--

Does he think he has to because we adopted him? To prove his worth?

I wasn't sure so I decided to give him a small reward for always being thoughtful and got him a big pack of gum and beef jerky. So guess what he did with it? SHARED. He would not accept it just for himself, and he didn't leave anyone out.

I realized this son of ours really is just a humble and kind soul, in some ways a teen, in some ways a young man, in some ways a young boy. Just as he should be. He is the quiet one, the more mature one of the teens, but he is also very much happy with having a family.

He is a very special person, for sure. He makes ME a better person because I try to think of things I can do without being asked, without expecting thanks, just to make someone else happy. Shouldn't we all do that?

Chloe and Chance were talking in the van on the way home from church today about some girl in church likes Chase. (Not that she is anywhere NEAR old enough for him) So Chloe tells me Chance likes Hannah. Like I didn't know that. But then Chloe said "I wish I was boy." I asked her "why?" She informs me that it is much easier to find a girlfriend than a boyfriend. I informed her that she had better odds of getting a boyfriend since the ratio of boys to girls is higher.

Plus I told her that if she was a boy she would like Hannah, then her and Chance would have to duke it out over her:) They laughed at that, imagining themselves fighting over Hannah.

After church, mean momma that I am, I held up their EATING, and stopped at a park to get some pictures. They moaned and groaned but I won. I got some nice shots. Later Chloe was arguing with Donovan as to which one of them was more "famous" as well as them messing with our computer chair so now I feel very SHORT when sitting in my chair:( They broke it in a low position. Dad and I have to wonder if we will have any possessions left by the time they are all grown:(

Neither one of the 2 will fess up as to who did it. Then for some reason Donovan was extolling the wonders of being a bio son of mine, he was telling Chloe all the things I GAVE HIM.

How he has a red birthmark on his face, his "weak" legs, his hearing is "bad" he thinks he will be bald early. (I'm sooo not taking the blame for THAT- I have a TON of hair- his father? Welllll.... not so much.)

I tried to mention his doctor says he is completely healthy, although he does have the birthmark by his lip (can't we call that a beauty mark?) that he does have a father that can be held responsible for any and all of these "issues." Nope, it's ALL MY FAULT. Of course it is. All I can say is "WHATEVER." I am soooo not going to go there.

Miss Kitty is bawling in her room, the Drama Queen decided to "count some money" sadly she scarfed it from Camden and Chloe. Now she is sure she is headed to "jail" and is having a meltdown that can rival the best of them. We had to make her stand in the corner just to get the confession out of her as to who the $$ belonged to, then she started. "Booo hooo, I'm gonna go to JAIL!" OIY.

All I can say is we love her little criminal hiney, no matter where she ends up:) Let's hope it's NOT jail. She'll be soo upset that she doesn't look good in- gasp- prison orange:)

5 comments:

Family said...

Woman, you are a hoot. I so enjoy reading your blog. You and your family are a blessing to me even from afar! Hugs to you all

Chris said...

Why is it that we mom's cn't leave good enough alone...analyzing everything. Our new son helps with clearing the table and I worry, now a week later in GZ he is slopping things and not cleaning up after himself...worry again...time to go home so I can worry properly

Chris said...

Why is it that we mom's cn't leave good enough alone...analyzing everything. Our new son helps with clearing the table and I worry, now a week later in GZ he is slopping things and not cleaning up after himself...worry again...time to go home so I can worry properly

Sue said...

I had to chuckle with Kat and the money. We had given Erin some money in China as it was a gift from back home. She was very careful hiding the money and I told her she did't have to worry about her sisters taking it. I hope I don't eat my words

Holly said...

I'm sure I would be wondering the same things if I had a son like Chase. Too good to be true?? He sure does sound like a special boy!