Saturday, May 15, 2010

And the winner is....

Nancy in MN. Sorry, no prize.

It was me. It was U-G-L-Y. I can't stand to barf. I'll do pretty much anything to try to keep from barfing. I was sitting at the aisle and we were starting to descend after having a bunch of turbulence. I hadn't eaten the whole 12 hours previous then had some fruit from the plane fare.

I felt it coming on and fought it till I knew it was gonna happen like it or not. I grabbed a bag and hurled next to Chloe who immediately said "ohhh, gross."
Then it got even worse. All I'm gonna say is I've birthed numerous children and certain muscles strain to barf. Ah, hum. I ended up going san undies (can't believe I am writing this) as I ditched them in the plane bathroom. Sorry if this is TMI... but you can laugh with me now that it's over, no laughing AT me!!

Otherwise I am trying to keep the kids awake, it's not working well. They all did get up and showered, they ate soup and fruit. Now they are sleeping again.
Dad just got up, I'm going to try to make it to 8 pm or later. Here's some pictures of the sibs with their eyes open, at least 2 of them anyway. They are enjoying getting to know the others, so far no big clashes have occured.
Actually Cam and Chance like each other better than we expected, we see some rough housing and competition potential there. Nothing major happened here at home and I have 3 loads of laundry done, #4 started.

I'll write soon more about the how's and why's of the boys getting home. Let me get caught up with home first, but I promise to share.
It's so deeply touched my heart and life, these "older" children who are sooo much worth making a part of your family. They are a huge and unmatched JOY. Spunk and snakes (Chance's favorite animal) welcome. Okay, maybe not the snakes:)

14 comments:

Dawn said...

What a remember of your plane ride home and your last adoption plane ride... Ha Ha... so glad things are going well...

L.A. said...

Hi,

I am glad you guys made it home intact, almost. I really love reading about your journey, and your sense of humor is awesome.

May God continue to bless you and your family,

Lee Ann

linfeng said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

Oh, Vicki, I am so sorry. That's like my worst nightmare! (The barfing...especially in a public place.) So sorry. : ( But at least it was due to exhaustion and not a stomach bug. So glad you are all home and well! What a blessing it has been to read along with you on your journey. I just love blog world!! I will continue to pray during your transition time. Love in Christ to you all!!

Sue said...

Welcome home and Congrats to Chase and Chance for being American citizens

Nancy said...

I'm sorry I was right...that had to have been awfully uncomfortable to say the least. Glad you are home and getting settled in!
Nancy in MN

Carmen said...

Glad to hear your adventure is over, but sad for me because I LOVE your blog and never missed a day! Hope you are feeling better today and your stomach is not upset anymore. Thanks so much for such an entertaining blog! Carmen

Sammy said...

The boys are handsome! You did great getting them home!!!

Donna said...

Oh well. It happened at the end of the fight. That's a blessing, right?

Had to laugh about the incontinence issue though. I think that happens to all women over 40 (are you over 40?). Anyway, I'm just sayin' I can relate. ;)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Sammie said...

I have so loved following your story to get your boys. Chole sure found the right family, how amazing you could do it and reunite them. I wish I lived closer so I could drop by some ready cooked meals for you and give you a bit of a break as you recover from the long trip and all the hard work to get them home. Since I'm in Seattle that's not going to happen : ) But I'm celebrating everyone getting home and the kids being reunited.. I think you should write a book , its such a wonderful story.

Andi68 said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Give everyone a big kiss for me. And get some more sleep. haha. :-)
your cuz,
Andrea

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Welcome home!!!

Sorry to hear about getting sick! How horrible. Hope the jet lag wears off quickly.

Joy said...

I threw up on a plane once. Back in May of 2000 I was about 1 1/2 months pregnant with my son. I was doing pretty good (the three months of nonstop morning sickness hit a few weeks later) with the pregnancy. We were coming back from a trip to England and they served some disgusting tea sandwiches for the meal so I hadn't eaten anything for a while. They kept serving us water and orange juice the whole flight to keep us hydrated. I didn't have any gum so I was eating gummy worms as we were descending. Right before we landed, we hit some turbulence and I frantically tried to find a barf bag, but there wasn't one in the seat pocket. When my husband realized what was going on, he clamped his hand over my mouth. I ended up with barf down the front of me and on the blanket that he found to help stop the flow. All it was was the orange juice and gummy worms so it wasn't as gross as it could have been. I felt so bad for the guy that was on the aisle seat. We stayed on the plane until everyone got off because I realized that I was still going to have to go through customs with vomit clothes. The wonderful flight attendants from British Airways took special care of me especially when they found out I was pregnant. They found me a sleeping suit from first class so I would have something to wear and gave me hot towels and water to clean up with.
On our flight home in December, Taylor threw up on me right before we landed and then a short time later I had to rush my son back to the bathroom where he threw up as we were entering the bathroom. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Sammie said...

OK We know you have jet lag,that you have two new kids, you have a lot going on, but we want to hear all about how its all going adding this new family within a family. I'm amazed by you and just so darn happy you adopted the boys.