Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Travel arrangements made

There's some major joy going around this house. If Chloe could fly by joy she'd already be in Ch*na, let me tell ya! She was sooo incredibly happy that we could finally say we are going, and she was even happier when she heard our travel date. Since we had a tentative date of May 7 and ever since I told her that she's been saying "no, nope, no May 7. No way." I said "whatever." So now she is THRILLED she was right (of course, she's MY daughter after all) because we are leaving MAY 2nd!!!

Yes, just 11 short days from now. We will land in Beijing after a not-so-fun 17 hours of flying that Chloe has already said "I can't sit that long!" Uhh, yeah. I know. So I'm gonna park her next to her dad:) Due to the Labor Day holiday (theirs, not ours, obviously) we will receive the boys on MAY 5th. Meaning in just 14 days Chloe will be with her brothers again, watching us sign the papers saying we accept them as our sons!!!

Chase LuFei Min and Chance LuKai Min will legally become her brothers once again.

Chloe's friend asked Chloe what she would have done if she didn't get a family that would have followed God and did everything possible to go back for her brothers. What did Chloe say?

"I not talk anymore." Other than being incredibly sad to even think of that happening to her, I had to laugh at her. I can't believe she COULD stop talking. I mean I dream of this kid having duck tape on her mouth. (Oops did I write that?) She's just a non stop talker so for her to say THAT would have been terrible grief.
I'm so thankful that God took care of these children so that none of them have to face life without the others. Not only that, they will be safe, fed, loved, nurtured, guided and given all that this family gives to our children.

Sorry to have kept you all waiting to know when we go, but it was a busy day of confirmation of Consulate Appointment then the scramble for tickets. I'll ask for prayer for the In China fees since our ticket prices ran over budget by almost $1,000. Yikes. I had been watching flight prices every day and knew they rose as of May 1, but we are on God's timing so we know this will work out.

We are in a group of 2 other families and YES, we will be blogging. I have all back up plans made to have access. (No mom you will not be strangling me for not posting pictures the SECOND we have the boys and don't bring me new granny undies for the trip either, no thanks.)

Everyone keeps telling me to "get packing" and I am. I bought snacks today for us and Chloe, she wanted her fave "beef jerky" to take along. Not that she isn't going to love the food on this trip- she was worried about the airplane food:) Her other complaint? Homework. Yes, the school approved her "leave" (dare they NOT??) but she doesn't want to do homework in the hotels, she wants to "play." I have a feeling there will plenty of "play" going on- ya think?

9 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, the duct tape comment has me laughing hysterically. Seriously, friend, we need to trade places for a day! :)

I am soooo excited that you are FINALLY leaving soon! Wow, it's really happening!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

This is sooooo exciting!!! Cant believe the moment is finally here and I cant wait to follow your amazing journey. WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue said...

So awesome.......

Lara said...

I'm counting the days until May 5th with Chloe. Those pictures of the sibs together again will be so priceless and precious. Rejoicing with your family.

Dawn said...

Joy joy joy... Can not be happier for you all! thank you Jesus!

rachel.a.rasmussen said...

Been following your blog for about a year and this is the BEST news I've heard all week!

Motherbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Vickie,
I remember a little over a year ago meeting you at the medical exam in Guangzhou. We we're adopting our 2nd daughter from China Gracyn and you told us your story. My husband, mom and I were amazed (that you hadn't been told sooner about your daughters brothers) I knew when you said to me "you don't leave family behind" that you wouldn't. I'm so glad for you all that it's finally coming to fruition. Looking forward to seeing the reunion and blog from China!

Annie said...

Just cannot wait to so their sweet reunion!!!