Friday, April 16, 2010

No TA Friday

Yes, my life is reduced to the wait for two little words. Travel Approval. TA. Okay to go. And we didn't hear them this week:( Maybe next week they say then we will have a clue as to when we are going.

It's hard to sit and wait, true but I think even harder to feel like I can get it all together in time to go when they finally say "it's time to go."
Adding to my stress, is the fact we are looking at a house that we aren't sure is "the one" but it has some potential. Why I felt the need to add the craziness of that into our lives is beyond me, other than I am seeing that it may just be time for us to increase the living quarters size. (mainly needing more than 1 bathroom!) NOT that we aren't thankful for what we have, no we are very, very blessed and if this doesn't work out it wasn't meant to be. No problem.

We went to Hannah's b-day party tonight that ended up being a mad wet dash to the house, that funny Chloe said "I never been to party like this." It literally whipped up a thunderstorm with high winds the minute before we were ready to eat. Gifts were blowing away, cards, the food was getting wet and we ended up drenched on our back sides. After relocating inside, we had a fun time and we dried, I told Hannah's mom "we don't melt" and we didn't:) We had a wonderful time and when it stopped raining for a bit we roasted marshmallows.

Hannah's mom is taking her and Chloe along for a conference through the church but also side tripping to see the OCEAN!! Something Chloe has never seen, and bless that Brenda (Hannah's mom) she asked us before she even mentioned it to the girls in case we wanted to save that "first time at the ocean" for us. We decided not to, since we have seen the ocean without her, but not too many people are thoughtful like Brenda and realize for us many things are a treasure to do "first time" with our daughter.

Chloe was the life of the party as usual, she said she knows how to play Chinese poker but doesn't know how to teach Hannah, she asked if she would be allowed to play it with Chance and Chase that they know how. She said "they no play for money" and I said "you won't be stripping off clothes or anything- betting off your siblings?" She did not find me amusing??

She learned another big thing this past week. We like to joke with her. She was saying "Americks mean" over and over and "we joke- ahh her." I asked her why she said we are mean, that joking with her means we love her, she part of family as we joke all the time with each other- she is part of this family. Then I told her it wasn't nice to go around saying we are mean, and she took off, thought about that for a bit then came back, she hugged me, kissed my cheek and said "I sorry, I not call you mean anymore." Ahh, man do I love that girl.

Of course the big news of the week is the woman who sent her adopted son back to Russia. Here's my thoughts on it. We used WACAP for our adoption of Chloe and we have received e-mails about a child here or there that needed to be re-homed. It was not like she had no other choice, she did. As I see it she did what was easiest for HER. What a shame. And what was he doing that was soooo bad? I do not know. But it's hard to think that in barely 6 months she even got to know this boy.
I think it was wrong for her to do this to that child, and that she will now have to live with what she did. I am praying for the child and the mother who felt she needed to do such a thing. I don't know where her heart was but I feel sad that one person's terrible judgement can adversely affect other children getting a family. Who knows what new rules, or hoops people will have to jump to adopt from Russia now, all because of her. I would not want that to be on my shoulders:(

Let's hope next week will be our travel approval finally and a travel date to follow. Wow is it really this close??

3 comments:

Shawn, Shelley, Emily, Sarah, Lauren, AnnaGrace and Avery said...

I am so excited for you guys!! You are so close!!! I cannot wait to see the reunion between Chloe and her brothers. We are waiting on TA too...but not nearly as close as you! We should receive our 800 approval next week. Praying for all the details to fall into place for you all. Love,Shelley

Lori said...

So sorry you didn't get your TA! Darn it! It will come soon then you'll be scrambling trying to get everything done. It drives me crazy that there's so much to do right at the very end!

The pics of your girls are darling! Chloe's dress looks stunning on her! I absolutely love it!

Shelley said...

Okay, it is Monday....where is that TA? I just knew there would be an announcement here! : ) PRaying it comes this week!!
Shelley