Friday, January 22, 2010

Rotten Dog

Would you, could you, think that a doggie that cute would go to vet and then bless me (not even 1/10 of a mile away from home) with her entire breakfast in my lap? AHHH- clear down my shirt, on my new coat, seeped into the undies even. I know, TMI, but you gotta understand how grossed out I was.

Thank God I have a strong stomach or I might have added to the mess, I just smiled at her and said "thanks Lucy, thanks a lot." To which she licked my face and wagged her tail. I'm gonna say 2 words here, doggy carrier.

My mom just brought me that new coat 2 days ago, I was amazed Chloe liked it because she has told me "Turkey no give you clothes" Meaning, she doesn't like clothes Tookie (my mother's nickname) gives me.

Chloe says "they old woman clothes" and I hate to break it to her but fluffy mother is getting older. She doesn't want me and my mother looking the same ( nor do I!) but there's an issue when we are both fluffy and Tookie helps me out with clothing from time to time. I am thankful for the jeans, not so much the genes. No nasty phones calls MOM. You know it's true.

I'm not even gonna remind you of the underwear fiasco of my last trip to China, no wonder Chloe has it in for your clothing "help" after that.

Chloe's new glasses are in. We will be off to get them after school and get some help with the contacts. Yeah, we are having trouble getting them in. Then once in she says they "feel funny", which I think is from us messing with her eyes so long to get the buggers in. So we are going for momma instruction, I can put them in for her in the morning, I don't mind, but I am having a hard time even trying.

Okay now for the super momma recipe's- I don't normally post such things but I will this time. I might tell you that to me 4 ingredients or less is my all time favorite recipes.

For the laundry soap-

1/3 bar of Fels-Naptha bar soap
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer washing soda
2 gallon bucket

Take a pan, grate 1/3 bar soap into it, add 6 cups water. Heat till melted, add borax and washing soda. Stir till dissolved. Put 4 cups hot water in bucket, add soap mixture and stir. Add 1 gallon and 6 cups of water. Let sit overnight. 1/2 cup per load.

Some tips- soap will not be sudsy, doesn't need to be, it does clean your clothes. It has a nice lemony smell to it from the bar soap. It gels, kinds like thick egg soup. This works in ALL machines, HE, top loader, front loader. Triple the recipe and make in a 5 gallon bucket, it will keep. I got the ingredients at the local grocery store, could not find the bar soap needed at Walm*rt. 7 cents a load, can you justify buying T*de anymore? I can't! Use fabric softener if you need your pretty smell, I do:)

Broccoli Soup

3 bags frozen broccoli pieces
1 pint whipping cream, light or heavy
1 lb Velveeta cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup cornstarch

Cook broccoli in pan with enough water to soften, add cream, cheese, stir in cornstarch to thicken to your liking. I also added fried bacon I crumbled up for extra flavor. Make a large pot, to feed 9.

There you go. Now you can whip up some soup, while you are making your homemade laundry soap and impress your family as the super woman you are:)

Just don't take the dog to vet in your lap:(

And don't let daughter take off with your camera or you get goofy pictures like this..........