Monday, January 18, 2010

Like A New Girl

Check out our "new" girl! Chloe had her appointments today, first the dentist where she got her new smile. She was so pleased. And momma was thrilled to hear the $1500 of dental work was successful, no root canals needed on the 2 teeth in question. So they filled the holes with permanent fillings and fixed her chipped tooth. She was able to get it done without the shots in her upper lip, she said that was much worse than the actual work, so they did it without and she did super.

Next we were off to the eye doctor. Nothing like having a day off school and spending it at appointments-- I rescheduled the puppy's appointment when I realized the vet might be wanting to give my lovely children shots if I took the 6 of them along with the dog for puppy shots today. Puppy Lucy and I will go Friday- ALONE- instead.

Chloe took forever in the eye doctor's, Baba was texting me that children were hungry should he feed them? So as the amused people in the waiting room could over hear us as I texted back "Not feeding children is child abuse, you do not need me to feed them." Yeah, ha ha! BTW, he didn't feed them:( I took home a chicken pack.
Chloe got a trial pair of contacts to see if she can handle them and likes them. So far so good. She also got back up glasses, they are cute, I think she looks much better in them than her old ones, but either way I told her she must have contacts or glasses unless she is asleep. No sass needed.


Her final pictures are of her new smile and her new contacts in. She already wanted to know if she could have blue ones, I told her "no" that would just look too weird.

Along with her asking this week if we would change her name to "Chicago" - I didn't even ask, don't want to know, I just said "NO".

Now I know, I am ruining my reputation as super mom, that I should have at least listened to her reasoning, or maybe not. I just didn't want to hear it. Guess my super mom status can slip a few notches into reality:)

It might have had something to do with the 5 million questions about "why could she not bite down on things with her new tooth? Why have to be careful, why no sleep with contacts in , why it take her 20 minute to put one contact in, how will she get contacts in for school tomorrow on time, why we not get spicy chicken for supper, why why"---ahhhhhhh--- my patience was running thinnnnn.

Now everyone is showered, snacked, ( that's snacked not smacked) and tucked in bed with visions of school tomorrow in their head.. oh no, that's right, that's my dream- ha ha ha.... night night.

5 comments:

Grandma Shelley said...

Vickie, You are just too funny! You always make me laugh. Would love to visit your crazy household lol

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Nice to catch up on your blog! Love the new smile and contacts!!!

Shawn, Shelley, Emily, Sarah, Lauren, AnnaGrace and Avery said...

Vickie~I LOVE your posts! : ) When are we getting together? Look at your February and I'll look at mine!
Shelley

Holly said...

Aw, she did so great! What a trooper! I would probably be home nursing my sad self if I just had to get all that dental work done. And so brave to do those contacts herself! She looks great, and the glasses are very cute too. : )

Holly said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, I think saying "no" to Chicago just makes you more of a supermom! She will definitely thank you someday!