Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ready for school?

I hope so 'cause they are going. Every last one of them.

I'm soo jealous of these home schooling moms, you know the ones that adore their children and have the patience to provide the perfect environment for their wonderful children, to give them an education and expose them to only what they want in this big bad world.

This is NOT me. I am counting the days. I cannot WAIT to NOT worry about what's for lunch, at 10 am when they start plotting their lunch time and I hear this question about 100 times until noon, when we really do eat lunch. I may get giddy. I may eventually cry, but somehow I doubt it. I'm going pee alone. Just me and the dog, wow.

At some point I will get sick of school and wish it to be over, thinking that just maybe I should home school our children for the best outcome for them and then I wake up and realize it was just a bad dream and I don't need prescription medication. HA HA- now don't be sending me nasty e-mails MOM how terrible that is to write.

I need the break even though they are all trying to send me to work the second they board the bus, they seem to think I do not have enough to do with them all gone that I should hop right on over into my other life of working for their needs and wants. They are so loving, I can hardly stand it.

We did the Middle School orientation night, so Chloe now knows where most of her classes are, how to get to the office and cafeteria, all important to her! I'm afraid she will miss eating all day long. Not to mention the lunch options. Yikes. Anyway, we have been able to pair her up with a girl in all her classes and homeroom.

As I explained this "buddy" to Chloe and told her she would meet her in the lobby the first day and get her where she needed to go, Chloe says " how will she know me?" I had to laugh, it was just too cute. Sorry sweetie, you are no longer in China, you will be the only Chinese girl around. She's gonna know it's you, no problem.

Chloe is going back and forth, today she said she didn't want to go to school most of the day, then she got her schedule and put it in her backpack and said she was ready for tomorrow to go to school. Monday's coming fast enough:) BTW, she was amazed at the size of the library, but not one Chinese book to be found in there- bummer.

Kat also had her orientation day and she is very ready to go to school. Her outfit is picked and hanging ready for the big day. Her teacher seems very nice and is happy to have Miss Kitty in her class. Hope she is okay with Kat asking if she "brushed her teeth today too!"

I got both the girls set up for juice with their lunches, Kat can not tolerate dairy at all, Chloe a little but the choice of only milk with lunches really stinks. So after a note from the doc stating their lactose intolerant state, they will be able to get juice.

I got Kat's emergency forms to fill out early as I only have a trillion forms to fill out and sign after the very first day of school. You know, those ones that everyone of them freaks out if they aren't done and ready to go back the very next day, like they will have detention or something.
Baba turned a year older yesterday, he had a carrot cake, his fave and he got showered with many gifts and sung to, all the kids just adore him. He is so patient and good with all our kiddos. Another year older hubby and still older than me- ha ha. Love ya tons.


6 comments:

trina said...

You crack me up! Yep, I'm one of those homeschool moms..sorta. Patience..hmmm. I could use more of that...wink. I was just thinking today how nice it was to be in the bathroom alone. I totally understand..even if it only lasted a minute..before little people were looking for me. I enjoyed hearing about your kiddos getting ready for school. So cute. :)

Angie said...

Hmmmm...I homeschool, too, and once in a while I get a little dreamy eyes watching that big yellow bus drive by our road...:)

ronvic7 said...

Honestly I LOVE you homeschooling moms, I am jealous, I just can't do it :)

I think it is wonderful that moms are able this and I consider it one of my many lackings.

I know Chloe has done so well with some very basic home schooling since she came home. So many awards and honors to all you HS moms!

ronvic7 said...

Honestly I LOVE you homeschooling moms, I am jealous, I just can't do it :)

I think it is wonderful that moms are able this and I consider it one of my many lackings.

I know Chloe has done so well with some very basic home schooling since she came home. So many awards and honors to all you HS moms!

Tammy said...

Our school gives the homeroom that gets all their paperwork back first a pizza party. Apparently, it is important to them to get it back the next day too!!

Chad and Kristy said...

You are so funny! Chloe just looks adorable and so grown up!

I am entering homeschool world really fast. This is Anna Li's last week of school after finding out that the teacher's response to her questions was... if she would listen she would know what they are talking about!!

Last straw with me! Did they think that for one minute she may not understand because she hasnt mastered the language?? Or it may have something to do with her learning disabilities, or her low IQ, or her short term memory loss, or the PTSD?? Some people are so clueless.

I am impatient and short tempered so you may want to send some prayers my way:)

Look forward to hearing about Chloe's first day!