Friday, August 14, 2009

Amusement Day

Off we went to an amusement park yesterday, a special day for foster families. All the kids had a blast. First we hit the rides, then we ate, then we did the water park. The kids all did well till S and H were at the water area, it was fun until they started to get overloaded and both had to sit out of the water for a time. Pretty typical for autistic children, we've learned to watch for it and nip it in the bud. It was toward the end of the day so it wasn't too bad.

I learned something too, I am too old for rides- I know- GASP. I went on the Scrambler with Kat, that wasn't too bad, a bit of dizziness I chalked up to not eating yet. But when at the end of the day we hopped on the swings, those innocent looking chairs that I had to embarrassingly squash my ample tushie into I was feeling quite nauseated. I had fingernail marks in my palms, and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to calmly exit ride at end and not embarrass myself further. AHHHH- I'm OLD. I really hope this doesn't mean I gotta act my age 'cause that just isn't happening.

The girls' went today and got hair trims, it's not really even noticeable, Chloe was fretting something terrible and I said just a trim, but as I was watching Kat get hers done, the girl took Chloe on the other side of me and before Kat was even done Chloe was "done". Now I found this quite amazing considering the thickness of Chloe's hair, and I saw very little on the floor but honestly I just let it go. I figure if she got through it feeling like it was nothing then we could manage to do more if needed in the future. She actually laughed that I paid for that haircut. Yeah, yeah, common theme, laugh at mother. Whatever.

We are getting ready for school, everyone will be going to school, YOU READ IT RIGHT -everyone. All of them. I will be alone in the house for the first time in 24 years!!@!! I am not sure what I am going to do with myself, but as for the kids, they are all ready. Miss Kitty was my biggest concern and she told me she can't wait to go, she is counting the "sleeps" and told me if I miss her I can take a nap with her blanket. Alrighty then, guess I better be okay with that, huh?


No comments: