Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last minute surprises

See these girls? Do you KNOW how close they are? We went to visit Caidi back in May as these two girls grew up in foster care for 2 years with their foster moms being sisters. They consider each other "sister."



Well.... our big surprise for YOU is that Caidi and her momma are coming to CHINA with Kat and I:)




We were THRILLED when Kelly offered to step in when my aunt was unable to go as planned and I really did not wish to go alone. SO when the phone call came with the offer of 2 travel mates for me and Kat, I cried.



Caidi and Kat are over the moon happy and counting down the days on their very own calendars with Kat understanding we leave home TOMORROW. Off to my cousin's, my aunt is driving, spend the night, then hop a flight to connect up with Kelly and Caidi and fly to China.


We are excited, happy, packed ( one suitcase is 49.6 lbs- phew) and ready to go.


I will blog, of course, if it does not work, go to http://www.journeytome.com/ adoption stories child's name- Kat & Chloe.


Next post will be from Beijing:) We meet Chloe around 4 pm, Monday Feb 23, this will about 3pm Sunday here if you all want to think of us :)


Say a prayer of safe travel for us and for Chloe's comfort in meeting us. Gosh, I can't wait to get my arms around that girl, I hope I don't scare her.

Chloe, my girl ......................... here we COME!






4 comments:

Chad and Kristy said...

I am so excited and will be praying for you all daily!!

Lots of love,
Kristy

Kathy said...

I am so happy and excited for you!! I can't wait to follow your journey to your sweet Chloe! Praying for you!

Hugs,
Kathy

LoveBKW said...

Safe travls Vicki - we can't wait to see Chloe with your family!! Whoo hoo...not long now!!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

You are going to have such wonderful memories of this trip! Aside from gettig Chloe, of course! :)

~Lynn