Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just my luck- a car wreak

Firstly, we are all okay. Thank God! We started the day us stopping to see the bird's nest and the water cube used for the Olympics. A new driver today, smitten with little Miss Tong Tong (Kat) and carrying her everywhere. SHHH- don't tell, Kelly says she's spoiled :)


We headed off next to the Great Wall- wow, you gotta see it to believe it and even then it's hard to grasp the size of it.


Then we stopped at a cloisonne factory and we had a tour then lunch. We shopped a little after lunch. We were headed for the Forbidden City but that didn't quite happen. After the discussion with the girls about seat belts the other day, there we were, in a crash. Not just a little bump, we were rear ended and it was quite hard.

Our daughters were in the back seat of the van, so they went flying. Scared the begebbers out of us mommas. I was so stunned, I couldn't believe it. The guide wanted us to take the "babies" to the hospital to be checked, we checked them over and they are fine, so we repeatedly turned that down.


I guess we have had our wreak of the trip, last time our bus hit a car, but it was more of a tap. The van driver was so worried about the girls, but Love Bug Kat hugged him and kissed him before we went off to the new van. It was not the driver's error.


Funny story from today, I have been caught by the clothing police. I had no idea they would also yell at ME- not about Kat, but about myself, not wearing a coat! I am used to these temps, but an older man yelled at me and motioned at his coat, closing his jacket and shivering, motioning to me. Ha ha, I was comfortable, left my coat in the van on purpose.

We have just 1 day till Chloe, 1 sleep and our girl will be with us.



6 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

I am so glad everyone is ok!

Love the pictures! keep them coming......we need more pictures.

can't wait til Chloe day!

love,
Jill and Macie

shell said...

oh Vickie, only you would have the clothes police holler at you....and have a wreck, besides! Is the wreck to be called a "bump" in the road? hahaha

Can't wait to read tomorrow's update!

Lori Lynn said...

So glad you are all OK. Double check in the morning. Sometimes it takes a while for injuries to manifest after a rear end collision.

I cannot wait to read about Chloe!

Lori W

Chad and Kristy said...

I am so glad everyone is ok! We asked while we were there if they had to take a driving test in order to get a license! The answer of course was.. oh, no. We had no wrecks but came inches from hiting a little boy on a bike. Oh, it's craziness!!

Well, it's about 1am there so you don't have much longer. If you are like me, you should be waking up in about 2 hours:) We will keep you and Chloe in our prayers today. I am sure it will be a very happy and emotional day for you all.

Lots of love,
Kristy

Kathy said...

I am so glad you all are ok! The way they drive is pretty crazy.

Pretty soon you will be with your sweet Chloe!
You all are in my prayers.

Blessings,
Kathy

Tamara said...

Good to know everyone is ok! We had to clothing police on us all the time last January.
Hope the rest of your trip is less eventful!