Friday, February 20, 2009

Here we are!!

Firstly and most important, we are here safe.

Here's the skinny.
Kat melted down in DULLES, before we even got on the plane. Yikes. Wanted to go home?
Sorry, not happening.We got on the plane, she was good. Met up with Miss Kelly and Caidi and got on the flight to Beijing. We had the last 5 seats in the back. Either word or their voices spread that 2 princesses were parked in the 2 last seats together as we had quite a few people come back to check them out.

We met one couple going to Henan for their son. Nice people.

They played, took short (very short) naps and played, ending the LONGGGGGGG flight with a tent created over their seats. Then they decided since they were Chinese and now in China they would sing the Two Tigers song they knew when we adopted them, loudly and badly as they have made it almost unrecognizable to the patient and unfortunate souls who booked seats near these 2:)

The 1 hour "not far to the GUIDE only" ride to the hotel we had the whole discussion on mothers last nerve about no seat belts (but WHY???) as the driver tried to kill us driving like a nut. After the dude with our luggage blasted us for having NO YUAN- Shame on me, I tried to give him US dollar.

We have met a group here, from another agency, and believe it or not, one couple is getting their son from Chloe's orphanage!! This made me quite happy as I pictured my girl looking out the bus window sad, as the miles pass, coming to us on Monday. Now I know she will probably be helping with the little guy to keep him occupied during the trip. Thank God for our meeting them!

We have found that last time we looked funny, people stared ( not rude to stare here) but this time we are getting huge stares! We get a look, then the girls get looked over, then back to us, back to girls and even turn around and stare some more. The girls have necklace badges I made them to explain why we are here, but most seem to think these two are twins and it seems to bring more stares. Today should be fun, they have the same outfits on:) Ha ha, we confuse people even more. I guess they can't figure out which girl belongs to whom and WHY.

We are off to the Great Wall probably, we are open to do what we want since I do not wish to have a crazy schedule and be exhausted to meet Chloe girl. I'll post pics of the girls later, I am not going to worry about pics a whole lot till we get Chloe, OF COURSE.


I can hardly stand it, now that I am in her country!
2 more sleeps till Chloe!!!!!

4 comments:

Doreen said...

glad to hear you made it!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Deb said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures! I wonder if your Chloe know our Feng Gao Xiang? We got word today that our file has been moved to the TA room, so it looks like early mid March and I will be there too. Hoping all goes wonderfully for everyone! Deb

ronvic7 said...

I am betting she does, she loves on and spends all her extra time with the younger kids:)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I've been out of commission for a bit so I'm just catching up. I can't wait to read more!!
I'm glad you arrived safely.

~Lynn