Friday, May 18, 2007

A week of SPUNK

I did a post yesterday and the whole thing went after I had it typed and was loading pictures. Some sort of "problem" that the computer had to shut down and send error report. I'm gonna "error report" it if it does this to me again.
Don't ask about the diet. That's all I'm saying.
What a week. I have been BUSY keeping up with this girl. On Monday we had the discussion, Kat, please pick up your things. Kat replies "no, no thank you Mommy." Hmmm, this wasn't an OPTION Miss Smartie pants. At least we are raising a polite snot.

On Tuesday we played with GUM and got it stuck in the HAIR- thank GOD it was at the side, I got most of it out and gave her a small trim to frame her face on each side, not even noticeable. Phewwww. We also got a letter from Po Po, they loved the pictures we sent of Kat and think she looks great. Po Po asked if she is good girl and if not we "be strict" with her. Okay, who told on mom that she is a marshmallow when it comes to Kat??? Po Po said Kat often played with her granddaughter and copied everything she did. No wonder she follows Camden around and even got called "copy" Kat this week. She does everything he does and when he gets annoyed I just tell him she loves him and wants to be just like him. That usually makes him smile.

On Wednesday mom went to the doctor's for a check up- whining was the name of the game. Ask her "why are you whining" and got this "I 'an't know" then whining continued. AHHHH!
Thursday we went to school to give a short speech on the One child Law in China and was asked to bring the little sweetheart along for a "visual" part of the speech to hit home for these gifted students for their debate. So when whining brought no luck to Miss Kitty she got the great idea to take her name tag, attach it to my arm then RIP it off. As I continued on with my speech but the kids were gritting their teeth waiting for me to scream, she did it to my chest! I guess it will all grow back and hopefully not dark and hairy or I will be looking for a place to be waxed on a regular basis- won't that be lovely to add to my schedule? She also untied my shirt, just a bow at the top since I learned after she popped every snap open on my shirt one day at the doctor's (thankfully in an exam room, not the waiting room!) to not wear anything that will expose mother when mother is not looking and Kat is on a roll. She did make off with my shoes. The kids found her quite cute, but I didn't hear any offers to be a sitter for us- not surprised are ya?
The kicker of the week came today when we were able to meet up with the closest China girl we have found yet, about 40 miles away Jaden came home at 15 months and has been here for 19 months so they are nearly the same age and size. Jaden and her family, who amazingly enough, have a 6 year old son and 12 year old son (exactly the same as US!) all came to a cookout for us to get aquainted. Very nice folks, we had a good time and were amazed at how similar the girls were. Kat was nice enough to teach Jaden how to al-i-yah in the YARD- she just pulled down her britches and squatted, I have squatted her when she could not make it in the house before maybe once. But Jaden thought that was cool. Although Jaden didn't understand me saying a-iyah, I had to say "pee" for her but her mom took off her diaper and she did the duty twice more on the grass! They may have a kid outside in the yard, but out of diapers :) Pretty funny, seeing how Kat had to al-i-yah again when Jaden did. Jaden is a few months younger than Kat and 25 lbs, 36 inches. So same height, 1 lb lighter. They played together quite well. Kat shared pretty well and Jaden seemed to have a good time. The boys got along famously and even had enough to eat. I should be used to feeding BOYS! Jaden's mommy and I even look alike, oddly enough.
We are looking forward to seeing Uncle Roy, Aunt Junko and the boys next week, they are in from Japan and have never met Miss Kat yet. Aren't they in for some FUN! We can hardly wait. I am probably closest to my big bro, we are just a year apart and other than annoying the crap out of me with his loud music, tormenting our youngest brother and I had to "save" him, when we were all young, we get along well and are quite close. I was able to visit him in 2004 in Japan and what a wonderful trip that was.
So now it is bedtime and she is hogging up my bed and thinking she is going to sleep there, I am sure. I got news for HER!

1 comment:

Andie said...

Sounds like you've had a week, Vickie...I totally understand! Bethany is doing this whining thing, too...drives me NUTS!!!! Even when they are driving us nuts, they are still so precious...just wish they'd take a longer nap sometimes! :-)
Have a good week-
Blessings-
Andie