Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fresh from the shower




My girl and I are enjoying a lazy day together, the best kind of day there is! No place we must go. It's cold out- so in we stay. Warm, cozy and having fun. Kat was fresh from the shower and looking adorable so after about 25 pics of her fooling around I caught this great one. I just love her smile. Doesn't it just make you want to kiss that face?
Usually it takes me 50 shots or so to even get a decent picture, she is such a goof she hears the sound of my camera coming on and she is prepared. First we get the back of her head for 10 or so shots. Then it's the "closed eyes" as she is quite good at timing that one. Now she tries to put anything she can in front of her face to best me on my picture taking adventures. All while she is giggling like a loon and I am the only one seeing this great smile behind all her antics. So there is it, I caught ya baby girl!

This picture is a classic example of her tricks. Great picture, only I really don't need pictures of her teeth and gums, I think she mistook me for the dentist :( Now, no funny e-mails or comments about how much she is like her mother :)

Ruthie sent us a box today (THANKS!) of fun stuff from China, her and Narissa are doing wonderful. Kitty must have thought it was Christmas all over as she squealed with delight. She kept saying "CHINA mommy, CHINA!!" I told her yes, this was stuff from China. I explained to her that Ruthie went to China to get Narissa, a "Min" girl and she said "that's ME- you my mommy" and I said "another Min girl is Ruthie's girl, you are MY GIRL" and she understood me then.
She still gets scared when that is in question in her mind, very obviously. I wish it weren't true but there it is. Just as I wish she had never had to be an orphan but it is a part of her. I would hope the fear lessens in time but does it ever truly go away? I've heard from others this can be an issue that arises for years to come. I continue to reassure her and hope that as she grows and understands her life story, such as it is, that she will understand how much she really is a part of us, a true member of this family. She is no less a part of us, having the history she does, it just makes her more interesting! We all have history, is it good ,is it bad? Doesn't matter, it's what we make of ourselves that is - LIFE. FAMILY. BONDED BY LOVE. RED THREADS BINDING US ALL AS ONE. EACH WITH A PURPOSE FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL'S LIFE.
Born elsewhere, in another belly, cherished by her foster mom, but meant to be OUR daughter. God chose her destiny and we are honored to be a part of it. I couldn't love her more. She will always be my baby girl.

2 comments:

Chelley said...

I was looking at pics from since you came home....
I am really so amazed how Kat has changed again...

I find that your story deepens my desir so much to adopt....

And its not just going to China its what happens when you get home that still blows me away.. The change in these sweet souls

ronvic7 said...

I have an ornament a dear friend gave me hanging in my kitchen so that I see it each day. It reads " NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT A DREAM" talk about TRUE! She gave it to me during the beginning of our adoption journey when we were looking at the financial road and were thinking it wasn't going to work out. She said she saw it and thought of me. How sweet is that- it made me realize God heard my need and dream and He made it happen. Always keep dreaming- He may be answering yours NEXT.